Semi-important request

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Since I'm anal AND a completist, for my own historical records, does ANYONE have the accurate, complete setlists for both nights? I'm mostly interested in Blind Guardian, Angra, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Silent Force, Reading Zero & Threshold. The rest of the bands I wasn't inside for. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mark

Yeah....a Gamma Ray set-list would be cool. I saw on their website that they played "The Silence" during their European tour, but was kind of disappointed they didn't play anything from their first album on Saturday. They also used a keyboard player during their Euro tour....and it was just guitar/bass/drums on Saturday....kind of cool to see.

I posted a partial and out of order Blind Guardian setlist on one of the Edguy/Rob Rock advertisement threads; i don't know if anyone finished it for me...

i'll give Gamma Ray a shot, again out of order, by album (and probably incomplete):

Dream Healer
Rebellion in Dreamland
Land of the Free
Beyond the Black Hole
Somewhere Out in Space
Valley of the Kings
Gardens of the Sinner
Heavy Metal Universe
The Heart of the Unicorn
New World Order
Fire Below
Ride the Sky
I Want Out

plus a huge drum solo...

Ryan

Cool, and I was able to secure the Edguy setlist for you all, so here 'tis!

Fallen Angels
Tears Of A Mandrake
Babylon
Vain Glory Opera
Land Of The Miracle
Headless Game
Painting On The Wall
Save Us Now
-------------------------
Avantasia
Out Of Control

Now, come on you others, chime in!

Originally posted by markgugs
Cool, and I was able to secure the Edguy setlist for you all, so here 'tis!

Fallen Angels
Tears Of A Mandrake
Babylon
Vain Glory Opera
Land Of The Miracle
Headless Game
Painting On The Wall
Save Us Now
-------------------------
Avantasia
Out Of Control

Now, come on you others, chime in!

Actually the Edguy intro before Fallen Angels is "Inside" from Avantasia part I.

Well, you did say you were anal!

A friend of mine asked me for the Gamma Ray setlist in advance, so I write it down during the show. Here it is, in order.

1. Rebellion in Dreamland
2. Land of the Free
3. No World Order
4. Fire Below
5. Garden of the Sinner
6. Heavy Metal Universe
7. Beyond the Black Ho9le
8. Dan Zimmerman's Drum Solo
9. Heart of the Unicorn
10. Dream Healer
11. Valley of the Kings
12. Somewhere Out in Space /
Rebellion in Dreamland (Reprise)

Encore:
13. Ride the Sky
14. I Want Out

I've also got the Blind Guardian setlist, but I may have mixed up the order in the middle. I'm about 80% sure this is accurate.

1. Intro : War of Wrath
2. Into the Storm
3. Welcome to Dying
4. Nightfall
5. Script for my Requiem
6. Lord of the Rings
7. The Soulforged
8. Valhalla
9. Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
10. Mordred's Song
11. Punishment Divine
12. The Bard's Song, Part 1
13. Bright Eyes
14. Imaginations From the Other Side

Encore:
15. Lost in a Twilight Hall
16. Mirror, Mirror

Between 'Twilight Hall' and 'Mirror, Mirror' Hansi started to introduce another acoustic number that went "back to the court of King Arthur." I'm assuming they were going to play either "A Past and Future Secret" or "The Maiden and the Minstrel Knight."

Thanks so much! But during BG, I thought "Soulforged" was the only 1 off ANATO they played??? I really don't remember "Punishment Divine" at all, but hey, it's totally possible. Gamma Ray looks spot on though!

Originally posted by Scoldwell
Between 'Twilight Hall' and 'Mirror, Mirror' Hansi started to introduce another acoustic number that went "back to the court of King Arthur." I'm assuming they were going to play either "A Past and Future Secret" or "The Maiden and the Minstrel Knight."

The "middle" encore song was supposed to be "A Past and Future Secret." I don't remember Hansi starting to introduce it, but I do know that they cut it because we were running late on the set times.

--Mike

Originally posted by Wishmaster
The "middle" encore song was supposed to be "A Past and Future Secret." I don't remember Hansi starting to introduce it, but I do know that they cut it because we were running late on the set times.

--Mike

Yeah, Hansi started to talk about it and introduce it, but Andre came over and told him they didn't have the time, and he looked all surprised, then started to introduce Mirror Mirror.

Originally posted by chibitotoro
Yeah, Hansi started to talk about it and introduce it, but Andre came over and told him they didn't have the time, and he looked all surprised, then started to introduce Mirror Mirror.

It's funny to see some of the reactions you get from singers when they miss a cue/signal from the stage manager and someone else (like Andre) has to run over and tell them. :)

--Mike

I have the actual BG setlist now, gotten from the Bards own forum. Scoldwell was very, very close and in fact the only changes are a slight change in order. The 16 songs were correct!

War Of Wrath
Into The Storm
Welcome To Dying
Nightfall
Script For My Requiem
Lord Of The Rings
Valhalla
The Soulforged
Mordred’s Song
Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)
Bright Eyes
Punishment Divine
The Bard’s Song, part 1
Imaginations From The Other Side
---------------------------
Lost In A Twilight Hall
Mirror, Mirror

Now, who's got that Angra setlist?!?!?

Excellent! Thanks to AngraRULES & chazzyf, we now have a correct Angra setlist...

In Excelsis/Nova Era
Acid Rain
Angels Cry
Heroes Of Sand
Metal Icarus
Millenium Sun
Solo Kiko Loureiro
Unholy Wars
Brazilian Percussions
Hunters and Prey
Rebirth
Live & Learn
Crossing/Nothing to Say
-------------------------------
Unfinished Allegro/Carry On
The Number of the Beast

Only a couple more bands to go!

Was it just me or was the Brazillian percussion solo during Angras set bad ass? I mean who else could pull of a solo like that without looking and sounding stupid? I was REALLY surprised and enjoyed alot more than the standard drum solo during Gamma Ray. Oh and I thought the drum solo during Gamma Ray was like after the third or fourth song, man that just showed me how fast time flew duing their set.

Ben

Threshold definitely played at least these songs (I ordered them by what album they are on, NOT the order in which they played them):
from Wounded Land:
1. Paradox (the closing song and my favorite of theirs)
from Psychadelicatessen:
(none)
from Extinct Instinct:
2. Exposed
3. The Whispering
from Clone:
(none)
from Hypothetical:
4. Light and Space
5. The Ravages of Time
6. Long Way Home
from Critical Mass:
7. Phenomenom
8. Falling Away
9. Fragmentation

I might have missed one or two, though.

Angra's percussion bit was very well done a nd a nice change of pace. Angra really impressed me, and I was never an Angra enthusiast before. On some of their old cds I'm still not crazy about it, for some reason, but I need to give the newest one a listen, especially with the new vocalist. Live they were completely impressive, Kiko's solo was masterful and unique. The classical styled finger tapping was unexpected and...dammit, that guy floored me.

-Eric

Wandrail, yes, you definately need to listen to the newest Angra album "Rebirth", I love that album and I am sure you'll like it too... In case you need to listen to the old stuff, I would suggest the albums "Angels Cry" and "Holy Land", not that the other ones are bad but these ones are great for "starters" in my opinion...:)