Sentenced cover now online!

damnit, I was enjoying listening to this song off their myspace, CM caught on and took it down haha

its on youtube ...im listening to it right now =) Does it make it illegal now that its no longer provided by the offcial century media myspace? In that case i hope the admin deletes my post really quick since its contributing to the spreading of copyrighted material.

haha that was actually quite funny. Hands down. i just think its funny that this forum seems to have a really strict policy about discussing downloads of dt songs etc, while the band in several interviews says that the members of the band do it themselves all the time

haha that was actually quite funny. Hands down. i just think its funny that this forum seems to have a really strict policy about discussing downloads of dt songs etc, while the band in several interviews says that the members of the band do it themselves all the time

The rules say "no links" or gigantic "it's leaked!" banners, that's all. I believe it's a good policy considering this forum is hosted on Ultimatemetal: we wouldn't want to cause any trouble.

This makes me wanna listen to Sentenced :)

I saw them in 2002, it was dark tranquillity, sentenced, killswitch and in flames bill. One of the best line-ups/shows ever I've ever attended.

Don't shit where you post (also see "common sense").

A forum can be shut down (and sued) for having links to illegal, pirated copyright material, but no company can sue band members from talking about downloading illegally because talking about breaking the law is not breaking the law.

Duh.

i dont consider making that point was shitting where i post...though i rarely post here, but still.

I never said anything about posting direct links to the material. Discussing it, as i wrote, in a forum can hardly be more illegal than talking about it? Duh.

The original sounds pretty good as well - I should check out Sentenced. Any particular album that is good to start with?

The original sounds pretty good as well - I should check out Sentenced. Any particular album that is good to start with?
The Cold White Light and Down are perhaps the best albums to start with since Broken is from the "Laihiala-era" (their last singer) (from the Crimson album) along with Amok (with their old singer). It's all good from Amok and onwards me thinks :)

My favorites are Frozen, Down, and the Funeral Album. After that Cold White Light / Crimson, and then North From Here has some ok songs. Down is probably their consensus "masterpiece" album, but I think Frozen and the Funeral Album are their best studio album recordings.

Buried Alive, the DVD of their final show, is the gem of any Sentenced collection. If you find that you enjoy their albums, then I would highly recommend it.

I agree that you should probably start with one of the last five fullengths and I would suggest you pick up Crimson.. it's a solid album in the vein of Broken. I would also like to strongly recommend their first two albums - Shadows of the Past and North from Here - really atmospheric death metal, although very unlike the goth-rock style they would later adopt.. but it might be better to start with Down, Frozen, Crimson, tCWL or the Funeral Album, and if you like what you hear, move on to Amok. Now if you like THAT you should check out the first two.

I was thinking in my head what I would like the next DT album to sound like, and then I heard this cover, and it was the exact same sound!!! I REALLLY hope DT get alot of influence from this sound. Like, Fiction to me, was very choppy, and the songs were a little too typical and not "solid". Like there were too many "choppy" parts like in Terminus. Those parts are a trend in modern metal, don't think DT shoulda done it. But this song has clean/growled parts not in a typical verse-chorus way, and I love that. Sounds like how Nether Novas mixed things up. I really hope DT sound this way next. This song sorta sounds like Below The Radience, which I think is one of the best songs off Fiction and the good start for a new direction.

Honestly, Fiction was good, but it was in my opinion the least redeeming thing they've done. It just didn't sound right to my ears, although it was a new sound. Iono, something was just too "light" and "playful". It was catchy and all, and DT can be catchy and rythmic all they want and should be, but for me, the album just didnt bring out the evil in them I've always loved. But somehow, this cover does pefectly, especially when he sings soft then goes to a growl. Iono, I just really love this cover, and his new soft vocal approach. Honestly, i wouldn't have guessed this wasn't a DT song.

But this song has clean/growled parts not in a typical verse-chorus way, and I love that. Sounds like how Nether Novas mixed things up.

Actually, Broken follows the verse-chorus pattern to a t. I can see why you wouldn't notice if you've never heard the original, but all the verses and the pre-choruses are sung in clean vocals, while the parts in growl are the chorus, each and every time. It's just that the chorus is really really long.

Check here for the revealing (although terrible) lyrics.

but for me, the album just didnt bring out the evil in them I've always loved.
May i suggest Immortal to you? Sounds like the type of band you might like, check them out if you haven't heard them before.

Also, what the hell is "iono"? Last time i checked it wasn't an english word.

May i suggest Immortal to you? Sounds like the type of band you might like, check them out if you haven't heard them before.

Also, what the hell is "iono"? Last time i checked it wasn't an english word.

Iono is the logical evolutionary step from "I dunno," which we all know descended from "I don't know." Imagine it in your head, phonetically, someone saying it. What did you say? "Iono." What? "Iono." Speak English! "Iono."

Immortal and old Dissection... that's the way to go for evil. And King Diamond! Although maybe it's debatable whether cheese can be evil.