DARK TRANQUILLITY news update 2002-06-18

Well live and learn, or ask somebody else to teach you cause im not a newbie teacher, and im certainly not a nice person ( the kind of person that puts up with your kind of crap ).

well, lack of communication indeed. MY Kind of crap? well you won't have to put up with that anymore, you can enjoy my ignorance to u from now on,while you feast on your own filthy abominations.

haha, what's with this guy? I think that think is still up his arse sideways :p

That Crap. You are like the first newbie i respected ever and you give me a childish atempt for a flame war? So you dont like they way i express my self and post my opinions? You choose to act like a fucking idiot instead? Well then i choose to play the "I was here first so YOU get used to me or suffer the consecuences" card.

If you can read earlier on I apologised for that. Yes I am not used to the way you post and that would be the reason for that lame post of mine. That along with the whole quicktime issue which frustrated me, me being the sole person responsible for that choice. From then on I guess it went out of control. Anyway, I am not here to argue with people so that's not what I intend to do from now on anyway.

An apology doesnt cut it for me. Why? because the reaction i saw was natural and not forced as you claim.

Apologies are stupid, just forget about it and prove me you mean it, otherwise is pointless hypocrisy.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
because the reaction i saw was natural and not forced as you claim.

so the reaction was natural. and the attitude you feel you have the right to have in your posts is natural too (i hope). this means he told you to piss off much in the same way you at times tell ppl to piss off. as you possibly know already, i think this is ok as long nobody runs sulking into a corner and on the other hand just keeps the conversation going, if not besides at least along with personal remarks. but now neither of you is doing that. if i am allowed i'd like to get back to the point where misanthrope said qt is a good format for mac users, but mac users are not the majority here. "hmm, interesting," i say, and then wait for some to shed some more light on the problem since i don't know a thing about it. :) narcoloth? anyone?

rahvin.

most of the videos that come in cds arein QT (not cutie :p) format, and they can be EASILY played in a pc with the right software, Misanthrope can stick his complaints up his ass

In any case guys, what matters is that I spoke with Century Media, and the video will be in quicktime in the CD. This is a decision they made. I mean, I thought it was because of me, that they just did what I suggested, but it's indeed a CM policy. So, in all, having the preview file up was good in the sense that ppl who didnt have qtime downloaded it, so now they will have it when they get the full version on cd

Originally posted by rahvin

so the reaction was natural. and the attitude you feel you have the right to have in your posts is natural too (i hope). this means he told you to piss off much in the same way you at times tell ppl to piss off. as you possibly know already, i think this is ok as long nobody runs sulking into a corner and on the other hand just keeps the conversation going, if not besides at least along with personal remarks. but now neither of you is doing that. if i am allowed i'd like to get back to the point where misanthrope said qt is a good format for mac users, but mac users are not the majority here. "hmm, interesting," i say, and then wait for some to shed some more light on the problem since i don't know a thing about it. :) narcoloth? anyone?

rahvin.

You are wrong is not natural. Do i need to explain to YOU the roleplaying thing?

Originally posted by Thanatos
most of the videos that come in cds arein QT (not cutie :p) format, and they can be EASILY played in a pc with the right software, Misanthrope can stick his complaints up his ass

Are you certain every person with a PC has access to the internet? If you do, go ask D.mu on the opeth forum and ask him how many people has pcs with internet in the ukraine. A typical pc normally cant play quicktime videos by default it needs external software to do so, without a way to get that software you can limit a lot of people to not watching the video at all if theyown a pc.

Stick that up your ass.

Originally posted by Narcoloth
In any case guys, what matters is that I spoke with Century Media, and the video will be in quicktime in the CD. This is a decision they made. I mean, I thought it was because of me, that they just did what I suggested, but it's indeed a CM policy. So, in all, having the preview file up was good in the sense that ppl who didnt have qtime downloaded it, so now they will have it when they get the full version on cd

Is it a policy indeed? It must be recent cause my Haven Digipak includes an MPG of the There in video.

Originally posted by Misanthrope

You are wrong is not natural. Do i need to explain to YOU the roleplaying thing?

nope, dwarves are expert at rpg (especially the part when you die or you get all sort of penalties for low charisma). the point is i thought you said it was natural. namely: "Why? because the reaction i saw was natural and not forced as you claim. " [quoted from past msg]. if this is not what you meant, i'm guilty of unproper inference. however, your message in the last few posts got indeed a bit blurred and maybe you are better off - like now - just sticking to the matter instead of running around chasing ppl's intentions.

access to the internet: if they don't have it, they're not gonna dload the preview either, so no problem so far. if the ending result is also in qt, well, i'm at a loss again. ;)

mpg: that's right, correct. not a policy until y. 2000 or so.

rahvin.