Seperation Anxiety.........

Originally posted by one man stands
I have had a Elaine for the last three years, and in this time we went throught alot together. I had a kid with a women I had no reason being with. She dated other guys, and yet we are still here for eachother. We have always liked eachother, just never did nothing abut it. Now we are starting to turn into something more, and I tell you, she is a great girl. I want this to happen, yet don't want to lose what we have had for the last three years. Any advice?

Go with it, or watch it go, my friend. Far easier for me to say than to do however.

onemanstands-
I agree with Ty. What have you got to lose? (And that's easy for me to say...)

Ty-
Can't you at least keep in touch over the phone? Tell her how you feel?

one man- i have been through what you are going through. i have a kid but not with my "Elaine" My "Elaine" was there for me when it was at first happening and she helped me alot LOT. Before my son was born we tried to progress our relationship and failed miserabley, lets just say performance anxiety, ouch, maybe too much info, but anyway, we figured it was a sign. i am with the mother of my son and we are getting married and am very happy. she wanted to stay friends but i knew that was not an option. chances are i think a high percentage of "Elaines" get lost through whatever complications come along. thats the way it goes. too much info, but shit i think many can relate.

Let's all just go to the bar and listen to some hate music like David Allen Coe and drink Michelobs and Makers Mark and smoke cigars until we feel "happy" huh??? I just got done playing B-ball for the first time in some time, and I need a beer (and a gatorade)

Thraxdude- we do stay in touch via phone and weekly visits

Originally posted by TD
Well see Elaines are good because:
you have a built in date to the movies, company parties/picnics, family functions etc., you look like you aren't the single loser you really are. Also, they can help you find a girl, buy things for said girl, whatever. Trouble is, they often change when you get a girl, or if they don't, you chage when they get a new guy. Even if you don't wanna a relationship with the girl, you are often very particular and overprotective of all the guys Elaine wants to date. More confused now aren't you.

no, i get it now, i got a friend like that. Me and her are just as good of friends as me and some of my dudes are.

Originally posted by TD
On the sitcom 'Seinfeld.' Jerry Seinfelds characters' best friend was Elaine Bennis. They used to date. But the fact that she is an exg/f isn't a prereq for having an Elaine. Any guy who pals around with a girl who isn't his girlfriend per se, is an "Elaine." I suppose a girl could have a "Jerry." In some cases one or the other may actually love the other one in the romantic sense, but circumstances beyond their control prevent the relationship from reaching fruition. Generally "Jerry and Elaines" just can't last. One just needs to watch "When Harry Met Sally" to learn that girls and guys can't remain friends. They either become a couple, or the friendship disolves due to either Jerry or Elaine finding and marrying someone. Confused yet!?

Yeah, I have a "Jerry". He turned into a fucking prick when I got married. But if he called me tomorrow and needed something, I'd bend over backwards to get it for him.

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
I'd bend over backwards to get it for him.
:D
-----------------------------
Ty- You still keep in touch, but......does she know how you feel (with your hands! hahaha. :\......) ? And do you know how she feels?

u could serenade her with this man"do u fuck on first dates,does your dad own a brewery,could i feel your tits,or would u show them to me"hehhehehehe

thats a verse from kevin bloody wilson u guys ever heard of him??

what about: "you wanna see my cd collection???????'" I take em up to my room and I got this big wall with over a thousand cd's, they look at them and then I say"You like a soft or a heart beat??"put in the cd and throw them on the kingsize bed backwards and press play............