Sept 16th Hard rock Cafe Newport Beach

IMroc

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2004
Hi, Anyone going to the show this Thursday at the Hard rock cafe in Newport Beach, CA ?
I got a flyer last night for the show. I have never seen them live. Should be great I'm sure.
:wave:

Sweet! Looking forward to another OC show!:headbang:

Jeff Milne said:
I intend to go, what's the parking situation there?
The HRC is a freestanding building in a large parking lot of the Fashion Island shopping center. Should be plenty of free parking right outside the door.

Jeff Milne said:
I intend to go, what's the parking situation there?

Hard Rock Cafe is in a parking lot with Fashion Island mall, so by 9:00 (when the mall closes, there will be PLENTY of parking. No worries.
Tell everyone about this show! If they have a good crowd, maybe they will come back to OC more often.
:headbang:

What part of the Fashion Island center? NorthEast/NorthWest/SouthEast/SouthWest? Inside/outside the circle? I've been to Fashion Island a few times, but don't remember seeing the HRC. Let me guess, just drive around the circle and you'll see it, right?

Also, what time are you ladies going on? Moshking is showing 8pm with no opening band, but I've never seen you go on that early before.

Im for sure going. I got a flyer too. I dont think that there is an opening band... strictly the maidens!!! i heard that the doors open around 9 and the maidens go on around 11pm. im getting there at 9:30. this should be KILLER!!!

I just called HRC. Doors open at 11:30AM!! They're open till closing. At 8:00 they start checking id, including people already inside. Anybody not 21 gets the boot or atleast is not getting a drinking tag, I can't remember which one it is. At 9:00pm the band(s?) start (the lady on the phone wasn't sure if more than one band was playing). Dinner reservations are only taken on parties of atleast 8 people, but show up early if you want a good table. But, I don't plan to be sitt'n if you know what I mean. Stage has a open floor area in front of it so no need to go for the table thing. I wanna :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ROCK!!!

on my flyer there is a contact email address for info...
info@pacprogroup.com

i emailed them and they told me that this is only an Iron Maidens show & they will go on around 10:30-11 !!!

i think that getting there around 9:30 is good to go. this will be insane!

Hey Everybody-
Sorry for the confusion with regards to the 'the Women Of Rock" show tomorrow at the Hard Rock Cafe in Newport Beach. To my knowledge, this is the deal - The Hard Rock will clear the room at about 8 pm in order to re-id those diners who plan to attend. The doors are advertised to open at 9 pm. We are the only band playing that night. The show is scheduled to start at 10:30 pm, so for those of you who have to get up early to go to work or school, it won't be as hard as it usually is to drag yourselves out of bed in the morning after a MaidenS show! Hope to see you there!!

Another Ripper show by the Iron Ladies! :hotjump: Started at 10:30 and ended at midnight. Looked like HRC had a lot of local regulars there, but I think there were several maiden fans there too. Not a bad crowd for a Thursday gig, but boy Friday was tough to get up and go to work to.
In the morning I felt like o_O
Three cups of coffee later I felt like :yow:

Thanks for rockin the OC ladies! Fun show last night! The whole band kicked ass all over the place. :worship:

Boots, Killers, Genghis Khan, Remember Tomorrow!!! (Linda got a workout on this one), Phantom of the Opera (killer guitar work), Revelations, Hallowed were definite highlights. The crowd seemed a little OC mellow at the beginning but was in a frenzy by the time it chimed 5 o'clock in the gallows. It was nice to chat with MiniMurray and meet Aja before the show. Wish I could have made it to Canes tonight! UP THE IRONS!:headbang:

Keyser Soze said:
Couldn't make it :( Work schedule is killing me!!!!
Anyway... hoping to be back on the day shift in a couple of months .... sigh

Glad it was a great show :)

Sounds like my hell. Not working nights, but this school schedule of 13 units while working full-time at the day job is getting ridiculous. Saturdays, I spend about 14 hours sleeping once I get out of the computer lab! o_O

I shouldn't be complaining, though. After all, I volunteered for this crap. :D

Keyser Soze said:
Couldn't make it :( Work schedule is killing me!!!!
Anyway... hoping to be back on the day shift in a couple of months .... sigh

Glad it was a great show :)
A special shout out to Derek and John Paul of the Pacific Productions Group for having us as the inaugral show of their new Women In Rock series! Great job! Can't wait to do it again!
We miss ya, Jackie. :wave: Hope that work schedule eases up and we get to see your headbanging self soon!

It was great to put another face to a fellow BBer, CrankYanker!

Can't wait to come back to OC!