September 12

The song's called Shackler's Revenge, and it's the best new GN'R song I've heard since 1991.
Really? Wow maybe I gotta give it a couple more listens. I didn't hate it but first impressions are huge, while I was hearing it I couldn't help thinking that digital sounding music just doesn't fit GNR. I think there is a killer solo in it though (only heard it once), is Buckethead still playing with Axl? Anyway I can't judge after only one listen so if you like it then I'll definitely give it another chance.

Can't wait for new studio Anthrax so we can stop talking about GNR and Metallica and rant about the greatest band ever:kickass:

Pretty simple, really...I think they suck. Always have and always will. Guess that makes me a poser, huh?:rolleyes: On the bright side, I'm not in junior high and could give a fuck less about such things.

Why respond? The whole "they suck" is total bullshit! That arguement will never hold water. If you don't like it leave it at that, but why say a band sucks(especially on that has done as well as Metallica)? But you could give a fuck less remember? Come on MyHate...pretty simple.:Smokin:

Really? Wow maybe I gotta give it a couple more listens. I didn't hate it but first impressions are huge, while I was hearing it I couldn't help thinking that digital sounding music just doesn't fit GNR. I think there is a killer solo in it though (only heard it once), is Buckethead still playing with Axl? Anyway I can't judge after only one listen so if you like it then I'll definitely give it another chance.

Really. You just have to get past the fact that this is what Axl and co sound like these days.

Bucket is long gone, that's Ron Thal playing.

Pretty simple, really...I think they suck. Always have and always will. Guess that makes me a poser, huh?:rolleyes: On the bright side, I'm not in junior high and could give a fuck less about such things.

i never called you a poser....BTW im not in junior high...that whole "they suck" is such bullshit too

on another note...i listened to the song at a store....didnt like it...but ill wait to get the cd before i say what i think of it

Why respond? The whole "they suck" is total bullshit! That arguement will never hold water. If you don't like it leave it at that, but why say a band sucks(especially on that has done as well as Metallica)? But you could give a fuck less remember? Come on MyHate...pretty simple.:Smokin:

Thank you!

Really. You just have to get past the fact that this is what Axl and co sound like these days.

Bucket is long gone, that's Ron Thal playing.
Sure, I'm definitely all about growth. When is this album supposed to come out? I know it's been a long time in the making so I'm anxious to hear it, is there a release date yet?

Sure, I'm definitely all about growth. When is this album supposed to come out? I know it's been a long time in the making so I'm anxious to hear it, is there a release date yet?

There's a release date every year. The last one was I think March 19th 2007.:lol:...though I've been hearing that Axl has already given the album to the record company. If that's true, this Rock Band-game will be a great way to promote the album. I just don't get my hopes up anymore. After almost ten years, 2006 was the last straw.

Why the hell can't people call them sell outs when they pretty much changed their whole sound to fit mainstream? Shorter...less complex...more accessible?

Isn't that the very definition of selling out?

I'm all for bands trying new things, but give me a break...some bands do whatever their record label tells them to do, because they think they know what sells.

Personally, I will probably buy the new Metallica if it's as decent as the single on their website. Hopefully it's better. Their first 4 albums just made me loyal for life. If it wasn't for St. Crap, I would have bought everything they put out...but ugh...now I have to be cautious.

Same with Anthrax. I used to buy all their releases no matter what, but now I'm just sick of plunking out $13 for mediocre music that I never listen to after the first day.

The newest song by Metallica that I really like is "The god that failed". The only solid song on the black album.

Metallica - "meh" since 1991.

I´m not trying to act the "sellout angle". I just don´t care much. Hey, I don´t care much for Slayer either if that´s any comfort to the fanboys.

I wasn't going to jump back into this thread again because I don't want to bum anyone out.....But this post I'm replying to is 100% accurate and on the money!!!

Their diehard fans refuse to label them as sellouts and that's fine.... But truth be told it's exactly what they did!!!! Good post SIMS:kickass:

Why the hell can't people call them sell outs when they pretty much changed their whole sound to fit mainstream? Shorter...less complex...more accessible?

Isn't that the very definition of selling out?

I'm all for bands trying new things, but give me a break...some bands do whatever their record label tells them to do, because they think they know what sells.

Personally, I will probably buy the new Metallica if it's as decent as the single on their website. Hopefully it's better. Their first 4 albums just made me loyal for life. If it wasn't for St. Crap, I would have bought everything they put out...but ugh...now I have to be cautious.

Same with Anthrax. I used to buy all their releases no matter what, but now I'm just sick of plunking out $13 for mediocre music that I never listen to after the first day.

cause you know im right

If by right, you mean that I know you have absolute shit taste in metal, then yeah, I can agree with that. Knock yourself out, go and listen to the Cowardly Lion and the Danish Ego all you want. They fucking suck and the new album will suck major elephant balls:) This song sounds like Blue Oyster Cult vomited on Nickelback and what resulted was this watered down, mid-tempo snooze fest. Gay.