September 12

1. My Apocalypse is damn good in my humble opinion.

2. I'll download it off Demonoid and then MAYBE buy the vinyl release if I dig the album.

3 The goddamn shit slinging in this thread is EXACTLY why the majority of the old gaurd no longer post here.

MyHatred is entitled to his opinion as is anyone else...but slinging shit at him because he's not into Metallica is just fucking juvenile.

I think Anthrax suck dick now and are way past the point of redemption. See that? That's my opinion. I fucking dare you to call me out on my personal opinion. Be an adult already and agree to disagree.

This isn't directed towards any one member....but to all the disrespectful shit slingers who've joined up in the last year or two. You know who you are!

If by right, you mean that I know you have absolute shit taste in metal, then yeah, I can agree with that. Knock yourself out, go and listen to the Cowardly Lion and the Danish Ego all you want. They fucking suck and the new album will suck major elephant balls:) This song sounds like Blue Oyster Cult vomited on Nickelback and what resulted was this watered down, mid-tempo snooze fest. Gay.

:lol: I think that Pabst has given your taste in metal the runs!!

I have downloaded the "single", The Day That Never Comes, which I really like, and the Metallica website has My Apocalypse available to hear, which is also pretty good. Cyanide, the third track I have heard isn't so good, BUT I have only heard a live version so far, so I will hang fire on my judgement of that one.

I like the direction they have gone in, bringing back the riffs and the Thrash element, and I like the production. Not so much "biscuit tin" snare but also not so much that horribly dated huge Metallica drum sound from the 90's either - this time it's a bit more earthy and organic.

I will definitely be buying Death Magnetic (shit title, though) and I fully expect it to put right the damage done to their reputation by Load, Reload and especially St Anger - not that those albums aren't without their merits.

2008 Metallica is looking healthier than they have for years.

I will definitely be buying Death Magnetic (shit title, though) and I fully expect it to put right the damage done to their reputation by Load, Reload and especially St Anger - not that those albums aren't without their merits.

2008 Metallica is looking healthier than they have for years.

I agree, Load & Reload were not what most fans were expecting from Metallica at the time but looking back now at those records theres quite a few songs on them that still stand up well. I still like a lot of songs on the first half of Load. Say what you will about Load/Reload, at the end of the day isnt what matters most is a good song thats still worth a listen even if it was different?

Im not talking shit on him for not likeing metallica...because he has no reason

Do I need a reason to not like french toast? I like eggs, I like bread, put em together and you get crap in my opinion....but that's just my opinion.

Do I need a reason to not like french toast? I like eggs, I like bread, put em together and you get crap in my opinion....but that's just my opinion.

French toast is the breakfast of the gods, so yes, you need a reason!!!:lol:

I agree, Load & Reload were not what most fans were expecting from Metallica at the time but looking back now at those records theres quite a few songs on them that still stand up well. I still like a lot of songs on the first half of Load. Say what you will about Load/Reload, at the end of the day isnt what matters most is a good song thats still worth a listen even if it was different?

Oh absolutely.

It has been said many, many times by many people but Load/ Reload could have made ONE great album rather than being stretched to two by the addition of too many filler tracks.

But yeah, there is some great material on there for anyone who can be bothered to listen.

Finger's crossed indeed... hopefully Ricky Rubin sorted them out. Not sure how funky metal bass god, Trujillo will influence their sound.

He ruled with Infectious Grooves ...