September Mixing Contest - Win A Pair of BeyerDynamic DT770 Headphones

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
Last edited:
I decided to enter the mixing contest, even though I don't expect a mention lol. It will be cool to hear my mix among others.

@AntonioPetrole will you be volume matching before listening? My "mastering" is by far my weakest point

I decided to enter the mixing contest, even though I don't expect a mention lol. It will be cool to hear my mix among others.

@AntonioPetrole will you be volume matching before listening? My "mastering" is by far my weakest point

Hey man, I'll be normalizing everything to be as loud as they can and go from there. I definitely know the difference between a good mix and one that's just crushed with a limiter and loud. With that being said, you might want to make sure you use a clipper on things like the snare so it doesn't end up super quiet when normalized. Don't worry about it too much though :)

oh c´mon, that´s all midi :err:

No idea what this post is supposed to mean. You're referring to the drums?

Thanks for sharing.
Did a test with Superior drummer 3 Andy Sneap preset.

Sounds good m8 but i think the drums are to seperated from the mix. just my call. nice to hear sd3 in a mix. i love your cab sim before i got a kemper so keep up the good work =)

Sounds good m8 but i think the drums are to seperated from the mix. just my call. nice to hear sd3 in a mix. i love your cab sim before i got a kemper so keep up the good work =)
Yeah. Drums aren't sitting well.
I have deleted it and will have another go during the week if I have time.

Did you change the mapping of some the brass Mickrich? Your midi is much more varied that my mix.

I actually came back here to test my mix against the other entries. I'm pretty excited to get mine up.

Amazing song! Gotta love straight up blackened death metal!

Spent 4 hours late last night mixing this tune, just submitted my entry...!

Good luck all =D

Just over a day before the submission window is closed boys. That's roughly 36 hours from now (Tomorrow night at Mighnight EST). If you have nothing better to do on a Sunday or Monday, come tear it up and submit your entry!

Hey, thanks fot organizing this contest! Killer song, I had fun with it:kickass:

Here's my submission

Last edited: