Serenity Painted Death ending

With some fading effects, echos and delay etc... that could be nice. In general I'd like Opeth to let all songs have transitions into each other, since most people listen to the albums in their entirety anyways. With their current popularity and access to good production this shouldn't be that hard, and it would make for an added dimension and cohesiveness to their albums/songs, especially if they would make another concept album. The way they did this with Beneath The Mire - Atonement - Reverie - Harlequin Forest was great imo and they should do it to an entire album next time if it was up to me.

Yeah, it's more MAYH-ish (really kind of similar to the transition between Credence and Karma, only even scarier).. But I think Still Life would have been even cooler if they had made the pauses between each track just a little shorter..

Also, I'm rather confused about Daz's response... o_O

Mikael said the way the outro on Serenity Painted Death cuts out was a choice he made on purpose. I think I recall him saying that he really liked it, but the others didn't quite agree, or whatever, but yeah I can't hear what you posted but I agree it would have been cool for White Cluster to pop on without a pause between the tracks during that outro. No pause could have totally caught the listener by surprise and made him crap his pants.

Shockingly, it's in the FAQ:

[The Serenity Painted Death ending]

[Mikael] While I'm on the subject of recording errors...a lot of people have asked us about the ending of "Serenity painted death"...yes, it was meant to be there! Nobody seem to think it's cool apart from myself and the band.

:Smug:

I was quite aware of that, and I've never had an issue with the song cutting off. I'm just observing that it could have been utilized even better by having been cut off by White Cluster.

Then again, I listened to it in context with the rest of the album, and I'm not really impressed with the way it works - though it DOES scare the shit out of you.

Opethian666 said:
With some fading effects, echos and delay etc... that could be nice. In general I'd like Opeth to let all songs have transitions into each other, since most people listen to the albums in their entirety anyways. With their current popularity and access to good production this shouldn't be that hard, and it would make for an added dimension and cohesiveness to their albums/songs, especially if they would make another concept album. The way they did this with Beneath The Mire - Atonement - Reverie - Harlequin Forest was great imo and they should do it to an entire album next time if it was up to me.

They could do the whole "40 minute black metal song" thing, only split it into tracks.

I alway thought that it represents the moment when Melinda dies. Imagine her bleeding to death from a sliced throat during that outro melody. Then her eyes roll into the back of her head, and the music stops.

Or some shit like that.

UmreN said:
I alway thought that it represents the moment when Melinda dies. Imagine her bleeding to death from a sliced throat during that outro melody. Then her eyes roll into the back of her head, and the music stops.

Or some shit like that.

you've got issues...

UmreN said:

Or some shit like that.

lmao