Serenity Painted Death

Hellrazer

I am The One
Jan 1, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Did anyone else noticed that the ending of the song is cut off? Do you think someone fucked it up when they were producing the album, or do you think Opeth wanted to have some sort of effect with it? My friend has suggested that maybe they wanted fans to think like "where the fuck is the music?" and then White Cluster comes on and hits them..

It correlates with the story. In White cluser, the narrator is executed; in SPD, he's captured. The abrupt ending, at least in my mind, signifies the abruptness of that capture. It also signifies everything else surrounding it- the utter cancellation of hope, dreams, promise, future, just as Melinda was abruptly ripped from the embrace of the protagonist. there is an intelligence here.

My reason for thinking this- apart from reading somewhere that the ending is intentional- is the ending on White Cluster- the somber speckles of vinyl noise (don't know the term)- how this itself signifies, reflexively, the end of the record, the end of the story, and the absolute end of the narrator's life. That intelligence is repeated.....

It's this or the plain fact that the guys fucked up on the production. :loco: hehe

I've read that thread. but i'm not sure what S4Raziel's sources on that are. I'm not sure if he was not himself facetiously bullshitting.

We'll have to consult S4R.

Originally posted by E V I L
I've read that thread. but i'm not sure what S4Raziel's sources on that are. I'm not sure if he was not himself facetiously bullshitting.

We'll have to consult S4R.

The amount of BS present in that particular statement of mine would offend a swarm of flies. :D

Serenity Painted Death is my favorite song on that album.

It is so dynamic and changing.

You can here the story.

The waking in the moring, abrupt discovery of his loves death, the Blind revenge, then the controlled revenge, the planning, the attack, the pain, and finally the capture..

AND THAT SOLO...

best song on the album.