Serenity Painted Death Question

chaveta

Dec 31, 2001
Visit site
i have a lyric question concerning SPD

i'm using it for an assigment where i basically have to collect poems, my teacher said it was ok to use a couple of songs so i chose this one for Opeth, it flows and it has a message of loosing someone that at least some can relate to, anyway, in the chorus, when he says:

White faced, haggard grin
This serenity painted death
With a halo of bitter disease
Black paragon in lingering breath

i could swear that i hear him say:

[A] black paragon in lingering breath...

everytime, but the booklet says its just

'black paragon in lingering breath'

what do you all think?

yeah he says "A black paragon..." oh and I think he sings "...of a bitter disease" pretty clearly too.

That's a nice pick. I would've probably chosen Face Of Melinda cause it's the obvious one. :)

i might do both actually, i need a total of nine, but i think more than 2 songs would be too much, so thanks, oh and does anyone konw any websites where i could get biographies of poets?

Oh wouldn't you think that Harvest would be a beautiful pick along with Serenity Painted Death?
I think that both of those have pretty emotional lyrics...but no idea about poet biographies.

Actual lyrics sung by artists often differ from what's in the booklet.
I wanted to use Slayer's "Necrophiliac" for a school project when I was at school, stupidly thinking no-one would know what a necrophiliac is. Needless to say, my mum put a stop to it. :zombie: