Serenity Painted Death Vs. White Cluster

Opeth uses Artificial Harmonics/Pinched Harmonics quite often, they are mostly used in there solos including Serenity Painted Death Solo, Wreath 2nd Solo like 2, Grand Conjuration Solo, Leper Affinity Solo, When Solo. As for riffs Blackwater Park contains one at about the 1:15 to 1:50 mark, Leper Affinity at 5:44 right before the 2nd solo, Masters Apprentices from 2:05 to 2:30 that one riff. Serenity Painted Death obviously. Thats all I can think of right now haha there might be more

Opeth uses Artificial Harmonics/Pinched Harmonics quite often, they are mostly used in there solos including Serenity Painted Death Solo, Wreath 2nd Solo like 2, Grand Conjuration Solo, Leper Affinity Solo, When Solo. As for riffs Blackwater Park contains one at about the 1:15 to 1:50 mark, Leper Affinity at 5:44 right before the 2nd solo, Masters Apprentices from 2:05 to 2:30 that one riff. Serenity Painted Death obviously. Thats all I can think of right now haha there might be more

Yea I wasn't really considering solos when I was trying to think about songs when they use Pinch Harmonics. They really don't use them that often imo - riff wise they are rather stingy with use of them, which is exactly how they should be used. Guys like Zakk Wylde are utterly obnoxious with overuse of pinch harmonics. It sounds completely ridiculous when they are used the way he plays them. :lol:

As a seamless composition, Serenity Painted Death is a tad better than White Cluster, but I enjoy them equally on different terms. But The Moor owns them both anyway :)

SPD is one of my top 5 Opeth songs, no question, so it edges out WC. It's really tough to rate the songs on SL individually though, because the album itself is a masterpiece in it's entirety, and should be listened to as such.

SPD! Such anger... And I love the vocal descent at the end: "from the bowels of sin". Sweet.

Ripped from my embrace
Melinda reflected in shafts
Red line round her neck
Met the earth in silence

AND

Saw here fading, blank stare into me
Clenched fist from the beautiful pain

Two of my favorite Opeth lyrics. I would love to hear this song live sometime.

Close competition - sometimes I say White Cluster, sometimes Serenity Painted Death - in that order:p

Serenity Painted Death, the first Opeth track I ever properly listened to. Awesome harmonies on it and some good cheeky riffs. When I first listened to the track I thought that Mike sounded a lot like Jerry Cantrell on the clean vocals.

Both are good but I enjoy Serenity Painted Death more.

The outro of White Cluster blows me out of window ! Anyone also love it? I feel like he is dead and the crowd is leaving the place where he is hang ( town square or whatever )