Serious contenders for 04.

wolfhoff

Dec 30, 2002
Bristol
Visit site
Im going to say Primal Fear , Doro , UDO , Savatage , Seven Witches , Kamelot , Hammefall , Annihilator , Brainstorm , Bonfire , Grave Digger , Krokus , Rebellion , Dream Evil , Reptillian , Rhapsody , Gamma Ray , Blind Guardian and from the UK ?...... this is where it gets difficult !. How about Thunder , Magnum , Demon , Shadowkeep , Judas Priest (not as far-fetched as you think!) , Motorhead , Girlschool and Intense.
I have noticed that Bloodstock has not had anyone from the US so how about bringing over God..... no I mean Dio !

I've mentioned my support for Dio on several other threads. I still think Judas Priest would be too big for the Derby assembly rooms. All the others you've mentioned I would agree are serious contenders. Also don't rule out the likes of: Edenbridge, Iced Earth, White Skull, Human Fortress, Children Of Bodom, Sinergy, Metalium & Symphony X.

From the UK Intense should be on the bill and I'd also love to see Mercury Rain and Power Quest return along with Infobia. I'm not sure about Thunder. Motorhead would be a good friday headliner but I don't think they'd do it. Girlschool would also be good but they've probably not helped themselves by supporting MM Saxon (Same could be said for Tygers). A classic brit band I would like to see get a shot is Blitzkrieg. Also get Riff Master General.

Riff Master General... never heard the name but I am definately going to check them out for it!
I fully support Iced Earth, even though the vocals are now lame, I'll just bring some samples of matt barlow and play them over the live show! Kamelot would also be great on the lineup, been wanting to see them live for ages. AND I can't stress it enough... ANGRA ANGRA ANGRA!

Joe5now said:
Riff Master General... never heard the name but I am definately going to check them out for it!
I fully support Iced Earth, even though the vocals are now lame, I'll just bring some samples of matt barlow and play them over the live show! Kamelot would also be great on the lineup, been wanting to see them live for ages. AND I can't stress it enough... ANGRA ANGRA ANGRA!

Riffmaster General are just good no thrills old school metal who I think would be great entertainment.

I also totally agree with you now about Iced Earth now that they have Timothy Owens on board but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - for now!

Angra are indeed the 2nd best band from Brazil. Just slightly behind Dark Avenger.

Eagle said:
Riffmaster General are just a good no thrills old school metal who I think would be great.

I also totally agree with you now about Iced Earth now that they have Timothy Owens on board but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - for now!

I agree with Joe5now.....let's drown Owens out with some Matt Barlow samples!!! I can't stand him!!

Hey joe, youknow your stuff, angra do indeed need to be present at blooder 04 and ive heard the new iced earth stuff with tim owens and frankly, hes wank, the music is great but his vocals (not that theyre awful) can hop to live up to matt barlows... still, id love to see them live... bring it on.. oh and by the way, intense would be cool too, ive only heard the stuff off the website but i was a fan...

Hey Jonoleth,glad you like our stuff...wait till you hear the new stuff with decent production. It's getting some airplay on Total Rock with Lizard on a Friday 9-12 and with Zed too 12-3. Label talks are happening as i type and once sorted the promotion for SECOND SIGHT will begin big time. WE plan to put some mp3's of the new stuff on our new site when it's launched in a week or 2 ...keep em peeled...:)

Bands I'd love to see:

Part 1: no idea how appropreate any of these are, so I'll just list them all:
Children Of Bodom, Grand Magus, El Caco

Part2: Bands who've played before:
Orange Goblin, Area 54, Blaze, Illuminatus, Fourwaykill, Biomechanical

Part 3: The 'big' acts
Voivod, Nightwish

Part 4: odd bands who dont fit, just to annoy a certain someone:
Sunn 0))), The Haunted, Sepultura, Fluke, U96, Bloodhag, Electric Frankenstein

How about SKYCLAD FOR 04?.
Believe it or not I've never heared manowar!. Would anyone be kind enought to tell me alittle about the band & music. I see they get mentioned a lot on this message board, I saw loads of there shirts at bloodstock so you all seem to like 'em.