Serious question: choose the more talented band - WINGER or MAIDEN

Iron Maiden is COMPLETELY overrated IMO ... I have never been a big fan ... in fact I think Wingers Pull is better than 90% of their Cataloge with exception to X-Factor Which is Maidens Finest Moment

zeppelin said:
I think if frogs have wings they wouldn't bump their ass every time they jump.

If frogs have wings then maybe I more inclined to eat their legs and see if they really taste like chicken :loco:

seriously.. as a fan of hair bands and Iron Maiden....Winger and hair bands main focus was always image over music BUT The drummer played with the Dixie Dreggs and is pretty amazing as is Reb Beach in fact guitar wise Reb Beach could probally blow doors off Dave Murray technically. Sad to say and hard to write but IMO probally true. However Nikkos kick drum work in Eagles dare alone puts him musically to the top and Steve Harris bass and Bruces vocals?? Where does one start to have a serious comparison unless its a band of superior talent like Zep or someone at that level. I love Dave Murray and Adrians style and songs like Trooper and Aces High never grow old and continue to move me unlike anything any hair band ever recorded . To be honest i will listien to Unskinny bop, fallen angel, Nothin but a goodtime, Gypsy road, cherry pie till the day i die without question ...just like i will listien to Maiden Priest dio saxon. Its all rock music and depending on my mood It all gets played at my house ...but the talent in Maiden should never be questioned alongside any hairband or as the great Nigel Tufnel once said
"Is this a joke....excuse me.. is this a joke?"

I am not a big Maiden fan (and proud of it beacuse they have no power in their guitars and Maiden is way overrated) but Winger does not even compare to the overall power and songwriting of Maiden as a band. Though I think Maiden is overrated, that doesn't mean I don't think they kick ass !! Winger "could have" kicked ass if they wanted.

Bryant

KMADD said:
Nah! Virtual X with Blayze Bailey that's the funniest thing I heard all day! :loco:
fuckoff.jpg

JonnyD said:
Thats simple ... Personal Preference I dont like Zepplin I dont like Maiden ... But I do Like Winger so that IMO makes them supirior

As much as I should strangle for that statement :p I support you all the way, because that's how I feel too.

I can quote easily 20 bands right now that everybody praise and bow, and for me are nothing just because I don't like them. Still I recognize for some of them the high quality of their work :Smug:

JD we love you, even if you are :loco: :D

Fred B said:
seriously.. as a fan of hair bands and Iron Maiden....Winger and hair bands main focus was always image over music BUT The drummer played with the Dixie Dreggs and is pretty amazing as is Reb Beach in fact guitar wise Reb Beach could probally blow doors off Dave Murray technically. Sad to say and hard to write but IMO probally true. However Nikkos kick drum work in Eagles dare alone puts him musically to the top and Steve Harris bass and Bruces vocals?? Where does one start to have a serious comparison unless its a band of superior talent like Zep or someone at that level. I love Dave Murray and Adrians style and songs like Trooper and Aces High never grow old and continue to move me unlike anything any hair band ever recorded . To be honest i will listien to Unskinny bop, fallen angel, Nothin but a goodtime, Gypsy road, cherry pie till the day i die without question ...just like i will listien to Maiden Priest dio saxon. Its all rock music and depending on my mood It all gets played at my house ...but the talent in Maiden should never be questioned alongside any hairband or as the great Nigel Tufnel once said
"Is this a joke....excuse me.. is this a joke?"

Nice post.... accept for your use of "superior talent" and "Led Zeppelin" in the same sentence. :)

How is maiden overated when kip winger should've been the spokesperson for Aqua
Net? Granted there are bands that were better than maiden, but maiden was a huge
factor in the NWOBHM 2nd wave along with bands like Saxon, Raven, Manowar and
so on. And if some of these hair bands would put some substance in their lyrics
I would've enjoyed bands like Steelheart, Winger, Poison and more. Their were some
supposed "hair" at least some folks call them hair bands i dug. WASP, Lizzy Borden,
Grim Reaper, Early Crue that not only wrote good music but actually had something to
talk about in thier songs. I mean shit even Warrant had a few interesting songs like
Uncle Toms Cabin was a good example and Queensryche was kind of a hair band
and I loved Rage For Order and Operation Mindcrime but I was very dissapointed in
Empire and beyond. But to each to his/her own I guess. :Spin: