Session guitarist wanted for album recording

Erlend_

May 9, 2009
Norway
Hey guys.

Im "head honcho" of a studio band called Quadrivium.
We have been working on our latest album for quite some time now and are eager to finish recording.
Unfortunately, due to various reasons, our guitarist cannot record for this album and we are now looking for a session guitarist to record for us.

Our current lineup:

Erlend: Synths
Etienne Gallo: Drums
Svein-Ivar (Decepticon): Bass guitars
Lars Jensen: Vocals
Attila Bakos: Vocals
?: Guitars

Hard to describe our music really. Our drummer calls it "space metal".
Think multi-layered synths with metal guitars. All kinds of esoteric synth sounds. Not just the ye olde strings and piano :)

The music demands a pretty versatile guitarist who can do groovy riffs, deathmetal-ish riffs and some blackmetal-style tremolopicking.
Keep in mind that we are quite particular about this album and we will be picky about how tight it is, if it grooves right and the sound quality.
Most of the riffs have already been written and you will get tabs for them.
However, if you want to put your personal stamp on this and can come up with even better riffs then we are open for sure! :)

Drums and synths are recorded and files are ready for you to start recording.
Ideally you will have a killer setup with amps, cabinets, preamps etc but if you can only do DI tracks then thats fine too.
Note that we are working in 88.2khz 24bit for this album.

Because the music is based around synths it will probably require you to play in a C tuning. Most of the riffs we have written was written in a drop-C tuning. I wont tell you how to set up your guitar but that will probably be the most convenient.

After the guitars are done we plan to record the bassguitar + vocals, get the album mixed in a good studio with a good engineer, master it at Strype Audio and then it will be released through our current label Soulseller Records.

If you're interested, send me a PM here or an email to skorpion696(at)hotmailDOTcom
Please link to some of your earlier work and please tell us a little about yourself and your setup.
I will of course send you some of our songs so you can check out the material before you decide.

Again?

I could have had this album done for you a couple years ago Erlend :p

Just bustin your balls ... I'd throw my name in the hat if you're interested

Hi man!

Yeah its been quite a while!

Having done two albums and regretting ALOT of decisions on them I am not going to settle for anything "alright" or "good enough".
This time everything has to feel great about it.
When its all done, I will probably regret some things but in the past I have settled for things I knew I would regret later. Not this time :)

Hi man!

Yeah its been quite a while!

Having done two albums and regretting ALOT of decisions on them I am not going to settle for anything "alright" or "good enough".
This time everything has to feel great about it.
When its all done, I will probably regret some things but in the past I have settled for things I knew I would regret later. Not this time :)

Trust me when I say I completely know what you're talking about

Well, I did send ya a PM as well just FYI and in case ;)

Yo Erlend...
I sent you some demos about 3 years ago or something for an album you were working on then.
Hit me up, I'd be down. Maybe me and Carlos can tag team it for ya. Whatever works though. I'm down.