Set list for Nearfest - Anyone interested?

D

Douglas A Ott

Ok, before anyone says a word...WE ONLY HAVE 80 MINUTES TO PLAY!!!! ;)

That said, "Let's get on with it!"

In no particular order; I don't want to give everything away! Here is what we are planning to play:

Below Zero
Under the Sun
My Enemy
Enchanted
Broken Wave
At Death's Door
Paint the Picture
Seeds of Hate - New!
Under Fire - New!
Follow the Sun - New!
Prognosis - New!

I can hear it already, "What about ...?" :(
Quit whining! I feel your pain. We want to play for 3 hours and play all our stuff, but alas...we cannot. If we actually tour this year I'm sure we will be mixing things up quite a bit. Who knows we might even take a few requests!
There you have it, barring any last minute changes of course.

Later,

Doug

Nightttime Sky or Acquiantance or the Thrist or Fade 2 Grey or Distractions or Blind Sided or Harm's Way (oh yeah wrong band) or King or In the Dark or What to Say or Juggling Knives or Interact with Doug on lead vocals.
Where is the cover of Red or Heart of Sunrise or some obscure Gentle Giant song with a recorder solo, so you can appease all the Nearfest progsnobs who think that
everything except 70s prog music is garbage. You guys suck!! I dont even want to go now. :D

So will us lucky attendees get chance to purchase the Blink182, no I mean Blink of an Eye?

Also, how about posting some MP3 clips on the website of Seeds of Hate, Under Fire, Follow the Sun, and Prognosis so we can get familiar with them.

See you at the show, Doug
Jim

Doug forgot to mention we may mix in Brickhouse and some funk tunes for the Snobs! Maybe Give it Away or Suck my ???? by the peppers again Jim? We actaully did that in Belgium once and I have the tape to prove it :)

I am really loking forward to an hour long recorder solo?
s much as shaving my ass and squating in a bowl of gin!

Jim you are too much! We promise not to suck OK! :) trust me the set is happining! you will like the new ones!

Yeah!

RHCPs "Suck My Kiss" kicks! We played that in the studio the other day to break up rehearsal a bit. That would be fun, although we might need to add a mellotron solo in 13/8;-)

See you all at the 'Fest'!

Sean

not bad at all, clearly the songs Paint the Picture & Below Zero are a must hands down, Broken Wave.....you really surprised me on this one, didnt think it was going to make the set, as for Under The Sun......HELL YEAH !!!!!!!!! proving once again that Under The Sun is in fact truly a better track than New Moon by a "grain of salt" :) too bad i will not be able to be there in new jersey this weekend cheering you guys on, unless there are any extra tickets for sale although i highly doubt it or anyone who welcomes bribes (just kidding) , the good news is that maybe next time the promoters of Nearfest will plan ahead to schedule next year's fest in a much larger venue seeing that the festival is becoming rather popular......

Wow- what a great selection- now I am more upset I can't make it- no ticket and no budget...

Good luck guys- I know you will floor them in NJ...please come back East for a dedicated show...I'll be there.

Full review of opening night of the RUSH tour next week...

All you lucky folks going to NEARfest- have fun...

Len Roberto

sunglasses for show. You guys look like a bunch of bad asses in the newest photo.

Break out Give it Away as the opener, and there would be some of the most horrified faces you would ever see. That would be classic. :eek: