SEVEN WITCHES

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Are there any fans here? I've recently downloaded "Deadly Sins" from emusic and I think it's a fantastic metal album! I'm not sure how strong the rest of their catalog is though. If you have any opinions formed, let's here them. :kickass:

~Brian~

I see copies of Amped in local Newbury Comics's all the time for like $2.99. Only reason I haven't picked it up is because I keep hearing it's no good.

They are a solid mediocre band, if that makes sense.
Nothing new or original, but you have to applaud Jack Frost for staying true to form at all times.

The only mandatory listening of their catalog is Passage To The Other Side.

It's amazing how mediocre they are, considering their roster of vocalists over the years.

They are proof that it takes more than members to be a good band. You need good songwriting, which is where 7W has always lacked.

I am not bashing them. I do consider myself a casual fan, and own many of their discs, and have seen them live a few times. Just being honest.

These 2 are the only ones that I enjoyed:
Passage To The Other Side and Year Of The Witch

Nothing new or original, but you have to applaud Jack Frost for staying true to form at all times.

It's amazing how mediocre they are, considering their roster of vocalists over the years.

They are proof that it takes more than members to be a good band. You need good songwriting, which is where 7W has always lacked.

I am not bashing them. I do consider myself a casual fan, and own many of their discs, and have seen them live a few times. Just being honest.

You must be my doppleganger, those are my sentiments exactly!!!

You hit the nail on the head! Perfect explanation of the mediocrity of 7W!!

great stage presence, and Jack is one funny bastard
Really? the 2 or maybe 3 times I've seen them they had NO stage presence whatsoever....and I must say that in my opinion, Jack Frost is THE BIGGEST shithead in metal. Period!

You hit the nail on the head! Perfect explanation of the mediocrity of 7W!!

Really? the 2 or maybe 3 times I've seen them they had NO stage presence whatsoever....and I must say that in my opinion, Jack Frost is THE BIGGEST shithead in metal. Period!

I've had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with him twice, and I don't mean just standing around the bar with him, I mean Yan (from Avian) and I took him around town when he was here with Belladonna, Nathan and I took him to the theatre to see Iron Man, and then I hung out with him pretty extensively during Nightmare Fest in texas, and he has always been very cool and quite generous. People think he is big headed and has a huge ego, he really doesn't, it's all an act, he is actually quite humble and so forth. But to each his own.

I had seen them a few years back when they played for some festival and they kicked ass. I highly recommend Passage to the Other Side and Year of the Witch. James is not only a great singer, but an aswome person to have a conversation with. And Jack Frost of course is always on top of his game.

edgeofthorns -
I think the problem is that after so many mediocre discs, very few people are going to give 7W a shot these days, no matter how much some might rave about them. After all the line up changes, esp vocalists, Frost would do himself a favor in simply starting a new band. I think he has taken 7W as far as it ever will go.

Are there any fans here?
Every time I hear the name Seven Witches, I can't help but think of the exchange between Brendan Fraser and Joe Mantenga in the movie Airheads. When asked what the name of his band is, Fraser's character says, "The Lone Ranger". To which Mantenga's character responds, "Well, there's three of you. You're not exactly lone. Shouldn't you be the Three Rangers?"

Zod

edgeofthorns -
I think the problem is that after so many mediocre discs, very few people are going to give 7W a shot these days, no matter how much some might rave about them. After all the line up changes, esp vocalists, Frost would do himself a favor in simply starting a new band. I think he has taken 7W as far as it ever will go.

You might be right. I came into this disc fresh to the band. With that said, it's as good as anything else that's been suggested from this board within the last 6 months!

Every time I hear the name Seven Witches, I can't help but think of the exchange between Brendan Fraser and Joe Mantenga in the movie Airheads. When asked what the name of his band is, Fraser's character says, "The Lone Ranger". To which Mantenga's character responds, "Well, there's three of you. You're not exactly lone. Shouldn't you be the Three Rangers?"

Zod

In that case Zod, it should be called, Seven Warlocks....that is if none of them have underwent sex changes! :lol:

~Brian~