Seventh Son - masterpiece or master flop?

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
What are people's views on Iron Maiden's album Seventh Son of a Seventh Son?

It's easily one of my favourite metal albums, but some people seem to dismiss it.

I can't see how any metalhead worth his (or indeed her) salt would deny the brilliance of this release. One of the all time greats for me, and manages to be so and yet be very original as well.

Views?

I think the album would be a complete classic if they took off Can I Play With Madness. :puke: What were they thinking!?

sumairetsu said:
I think the album would be a complete classic if they took off Can I Play With Madness. :puke: What were they thinking!?

I fucking agree...CIPWM is as good as Holy Smoke to me !!
But yeah, this album is surely one the best Maiden one..i don't even understand how you managed to ask that question !!:D

It´s Maiden with Dickinson on vocals so it´s good. That was my first Maiden album, so I got a real deep relationship to this piece... Some romantic thoughts come to my mind. harhar

Jean-Pierre said:
Yeah, No Prayer For The Dying and Dance of Death sure were great. :p

Another thread could be open about that man coz i don't consider Death Of Death being that bad...it really contains some good efforts (the more epic songs)..

opethmaniac said:
Another thread could be open about that man coz i don't consider Death Of Death being that bad...it really contains some good efforts (the more epic songs)..

Paschendale was pretty good, but all the short songs were completely sterile.

Simply a matter of opinion. I think Dance of Death is a very solid album, and I enjoy a lot of the shorter tracks, so that's just preference.

Can I Play With Madness is the weakest SSOASS track in my opinion, and it does seem a bit silly sometimes, but I still enjoy it.

I love the atmosphere on 7th Son, helped by the production.

Bloody fantastic album. Not my most listened to though. I think Fear of the Dark is very underrated as I like that one a lot. Even though FOTD sounds so weak compared to the live version :D