Seventh Son - masterpiece or master flop?

sumairetsu said:
I think the album would be a complete classic if they took off Can I Play With Madness. :puke: What were they thinking!?

A sign of things to come I guess. That's my only real complaint with the album as well. I think they really perfected their epic side on Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time.

Alexi's Wildchild said:
Bloody fantastic album. Not my most listened to though. I think Fear of the Dark is very underrated as I like that one a lot. Even though FOTD sounds so weak compared to the live version :D

Nothing to do with what you said, but you have the gayest avatar/sig pictures on this board. It's even worse than that AnonymousNick guy with his gigantic catfish. Congratulations.

Iron Maiden releases are all good I find, never a mistake to get an Iron Maiden album. However, for me 7th son is one the weaker ones of all these good albums. My favorites are Iron Maiden and especially Piece of Mind.

the only reasons alot of "die hard" maiden fans don't like seventh son is because it was the 1st maiden album to feature keyboards, so most people are prats about it and say nah u can't have keyboards in maiden, thats not metal!!! idiots, people listen to like 1 or 2 songs from it and then dismiss it!!!
my recomendation for anyone who hasn't heard it listen to tracks:
the clairvoyant
infinite dreams
seventh son of a seventh son

1. Powerslave
2. Piece of Time
3. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
4. Killers
5.Somewhere in Time
6. Number of the Beast
7. Iron Maiden

And this is the correct opinion to have.

Powerslave > Killers > Piece Of Mind > Seventh Son > Somewhere In Time > Number of the Beast > Iron Maiden

It is quite great. It may be my favorite, I am really not sure. When it comes to Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time, Powerslave, Piece of Mind, Number of the Beast, and Killers they are all just equally amazing.

^ I largely agree.

one_by_one said:
most people are prats about it and say nah u can't have keyboards in maiden, thats not metal!!!

I know, but here's a funny thing - on one of Maiden's old videos, I think it's called Behind the Iron Curtain, there is footage of Bruce talking to a fan, and the fan is saying how he wants to put keyboards to heavy metal, and Bruce says something along the lines of "nah u can't have keyboards in metal!!", haha.

It's probably my most favortie Maiden album. Only Powerslave rates as high, but I think 7th Son is a more complete work and because it was known as a "concept album" it flows so well. It's a masterpiece.

one_by_one said:
the only reasons alot of "die hard" maiden fans don't like seventh son is because it was the 1st maiden album to feature keyboards
um

what

ever heard of an album called "somewhere in time" man

it has about 5000 times more keyboards than 7th son

Dodens Grav said:
Powerslave > Killers > Piece Of Mind > Seventh Son > Somewhere In Time > Number of the Beast > Iron Maiden
Virtual XI > Seventh Son > The Number of the Beast > Iron Maiden > Killers > Powerslave > Piece of Mind > Somewhere in Time