Seventh Son - masterpiece or master flop?

Erik said:
Virtual XI > Seventh Son > The Number of the Beast > Iron Maiden > Killers > Powerslave > Piece of Mind > Somewhere in Time

More like: No Prayer for the Dying > Killers > Powerslave> Iron Maiden > Seventh Son > Piece Of Mind > Somewhere In Time > Number Of The Beast

Jean-Pierre said:
Yeah, No Prayer For The Dying and Dance of Death sure were great. :p

Dance of the Death had some brilliant songs on it. Paschendale, Dance of the Death, Gates of Tomorrow and New Frontier. Were excellent. It wasn't there best album for sure. Still had moments of genius.

For me, as a single collection of music Seventh Son wipes the floor with The Number of the Beast, just because of its consistency. However, due to the excellence of a few NOTB tracks alone, the both are pretty much equally good for me.

I'd be more inclined to skip the odd NOTB track than 7th Son one, although I never really do that anyway. But the consistency of 7th Son is almost invincible.

Every Maiden record is good, even Virtual 11 and Fear Of The Dark

here is my order of preférence:

1: The Number Of The Beast
2: Piece Of Mind
3: Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
4: Brave New World
5: Powerslave
6: Somewhere In Time
7: Iron Maiden
8: Dance Of Death
9: Killers
10: The X Factor
11: Fear Of The Dark
12: Virtual 11
13: No Prayer For The Dying

Cheers !!
PowerMaiden

High On Maiden said:
For me, as a single collection of music Seventh Son wipes the floor with The Number of the Beast, just because of its consistency. However, due to the excellence of a few NOTB tracks alone, the both are pretty much equally good for me.

I'd be more inclined to skip the odd NOTB track than 7th Son one, although I never really do that anyway. But the consistency of 7th Son is almost invincible.

I think they are both equally consistent. I think though that Run to the Hills just makes it the best one of there’s. The rest of the songs are great but that one I think is one of the greatest songs ever if not the greatest.

Bah, "Number of the Beast" had two great songs, whereas "Powerslave" and "Seventh Son" has like seven each. None tops "Hallowed be Thy Name" though, I'll give it that.

Damnit, why is the NP function gone!?!?!?!

I did, I used to like them alot a few years ago but I dont listen to them so much now. I just thought alot of there songs sounded alot alike.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but, what the fuck, its the interwebernet. I think Mr. Harris burned up all he had on Powerslave. Every album after that was just a few decent songs with a bunch of crap to pass them as full lenght albums.

MetalHeadMarc said:
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but, what the fuck, its the interwebernet. I think Mr. Harris burned up all he had on Powerslave. Every album after that was just a few decent songs with a bunch of crap to pass them as full lenght albums.
Oh my God, you LOSER! :lol:

This comment puts the "metalhead" aspect of your username in severe doubt.

No but really, are you honestly claiming that Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son are mainly "a bunch of crap"?

edit: oh right, I just fulfilled your flame prophecy. Oh well, it's the interwebernet.