Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape 2010, and brand new video!

Well, it's not like we included a hip-hop section or anything like that, and sometimes I think to myself, perhaps noone else outside the band would even consider calling it "new". You know, you kinda know yourself how and what you write and what feels new to you but it is not obvious it will feel the same way for the listener. I do think that some things will be more like Neal Morse or more like SyX or Pantera (those names just popped into my head and is not necessarily a good description) than before, some heavier and some lighter and also with respect to the arrangements, but then again we are talking about a particular riff or a small section of a 30 minute song.

I'm rambling but it is not always easy to explain. I think it's perhaps best to let you all be the judge of what it actually sounds like!

:)

There is no pre-ordering yet!
As soon as pre-ordering is possible you will read it here (or in a new thread Andreas makes).
Best thing to do in my opinion - in order to get the most money to the band - is to pre-order at Lion Music, the company that releases the SW-albums.

I'm sure that, in these days, there will be some electronic way to buy 'The Great Escape' but my advice would be to buy the actual album. I'm convinced that the guys - I assume together with 'Monowasp' - have (again) put a lot of effort/time in the artwork and the booklet.

I'm not sure if they ship to New Zealand (if you pay the shippingcosts, why shouldn't they though).

Hi!

Yes, I have contacted Lion and they will put it up for pre-orders (but not quite yet). I know that they have good prices and really give good deals. but money wise it doesn't matter to us, so whatever is easiest for you -go ahead.

I would like to comment though that artwork this time was not handled by MonoWasp. We did three albums with the great André but thought we'd try something new this time, as was also the case with Tommy Hansen not mixing it.

Johan Larsson, who helped us record all vocals for MF and TGE has helped us out this time. He also did some baking vocals for MF and TGE (for instance the low-pitch harmony parts in the "Destiny Calls" chorus...).

He is really devoted, I can tell you that but that description will not do him justice. When he couldn't produce or find photos he likes he went out and built props or bought it, there is a picture where he actually cut himself to get some blood for a specific picture that he wanted to do, and oif that's not dedication I don't know what is!

André has however been coaching Johan this time as well since he has such massive skills and experience and he has been very supportive and great to have as a resource.

I am pretty sure that some metal magazine from first of january will have headline "The Great Escape - album of the year?"
I decided that this album will be gift to me for New Year. Yeey

Question about pre-order: I really want to have this album Dec. 3rd, the wait has obviously been loong enough. Is Lion Musics store sending out preorders in a timely fashion to ensure the preorders arrive on the release day or do they send them out at the day of release? If the latter is the case, I will look for a way to buy it electronically on Dec 3rd, but I'd dislike that big time as I would like to add the CD to my collection right next to MF. Also, will Amazon be selling the album? It was very hard to get MF via Amazon, they rarely had it in stock and everything you could get in between these times was overpriced 2nd hand copies (around 35€) which is neither in my nor in the bands interest, i suppose...

We're now leaving my territories and venturing into the unknown... :Spin:

Try finding an e-mail address or something at Lion Music's webshop and ask them how they do it. I am afraid I do not know.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

I did exactly that and will share any info I get out of lion music with you when they answer!

Hello,

I am going to pre-order "The Great Escape" from Seventh Wonder once you enable customers to do so in your online store. I am curious when the pre-orders will be sent out. The album is scheduled to release on Dec 3rd. Will you send the CDs out so that preorderes have them in their mail by Dec 3rd or will they be sent out on that day? I am from Germany, so potential delay due to the long way has to be considered also. I am really looking forward to the album and definitely want to enjoy it on the release day and will try to find an online retailer if it's necessary. But needless to say, I would really like a "real" CD on my board... I hope you can clear this up!

Thank you in advance,

Hello,

it was good to hear from you. I think we will have a preorder page up in a few days:)

all the best

Lasse
not quite what i was looking for :/

So Andreas, what is merchandising going to be like this time? I really wanted a Mercy Falls t-shirt badly. I wanted to wear it around so people could ask me what all that fantastic artwork was about...
Are you going heavy promotion with this Cd. I'll take a Great Escape shirt too. I just love stuff like that, and want to support the band and advertise at the same time. :)

Yeah, the lack of SW merchandise has been fairly unforgivable :) It's bad enough that no local Australian stores stock your music (their fault, not yours), but i would love to wear a SW t-shirt around in the hopes of piquing a pedestrian's interest.

Yeah, a Great Escape shirt would be sweet, how about the hourglass ones the guys are wearing in the vid, i want one too :D