Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape 2010, and brand new video!

Given that we actually make something happen we will try to make it a Saturday, that would make it easier for everyone traveling, whether it is from abroad or just from far in our own country.

Would love to say that you could all stay at my house but I'm sure my wife would be surprised to find 50 foerigners in the living room all of a sudden...

Given that we actually make something happen we will try to make it a Saturday, that would make it easier for everyone traveling, whether it is from abroad or just from far in our own country.

That would be fantastic!

Would love to say that you could all stay at my house but I'm sure my wife would be surprised to find 50 foerigners in the living room all of a sudden...

:D:D

I'm impatient to hear this new album ! Great to read that it'll be out soon.
I was listening again to Mercy Falls last WE, trying to convert a friend of mine in the car while travelling back from Holland to see Shadow Gallery live and he liked it very much.
Tommy just sings so well and I just love the overall sound. I love clean wide sounds, which doesn't mean it's cold at all.
I just hope that "The Great Escape" will be maybe a bit more varied in style and sounds and will have some cool softer moments. Mercy Falls is very very good but has got maybe a tad too much of staccato riffs and rhythms that sounds similar to me, sometimes.

As for teasers, well, if the release is to happen very soon, maybe it is not necessary to do many of them.. But I thinnk one or two would be good. I think the new song which was offered is already a great teaser ! Very catchy tune. It should give some people an idea of what the band is about.
Well, maybe you could add a little video with some instrumental parts, so that people can also hear how progressive and atmospheric your music can be, not just great vocal powerful music.

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum. I am from Italy.
I love SW and their music gives me true emotions, and I'm happy. I really liked "Alley Cat" and that is why I decided to transcribe a small piece (the opening riff exactly). The fingerig should be fine (I looked carefully Johan's fingering the video). This is a small gift for all guitarist on this forum.

Enjoy!

|------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------11------6----|
|----------4----------9---7----------------9-11----------9-------4---4--|
|-4-4-6-7---7-6-0--0---0---0-11-9--11-12------12-11-7-------2---------|

|----------4---------9---7---6-----------9-11-----------12-9-11-----14-|
|-4-4-6-7---7-6-0-0---0---0---9--11-12------12-11-10-----------12-----|

|-------------------------------------------
|----------4----------9---7----------------
|-4-4-6-7---7-6-0--0---0---0-11-9--11-12-

--------------------------11-14/9-6----------|
-----------------------12-----------7--------|
--------------------11----------------6------|
------------------13--------------------8----|
-9-11----9-11-14--------------------------9-|
------12-------------------------------------|

|----------4---------9---7---6-----------9-11-----------12-9-11-----14-|
|-4-4-6-7---7-6-0-0---0---0---9--11-12------12-11-10-----------12-----|

Andreas, your such a great man!!! That's really something :)
Good people make good music, that's for sure.

Anyway, about the teaser, maybe it's possible to make 2 where would second one be just that last song - the longest one.
That way it could be balanced.

Ok, guys now it's official.

The Great Escape will hit the shelves on December 3rd. Granted it is some time away, but the post-recording phase does take some time.
At least you know what to buy everybody for Christmas, right? ;-)

We'll see how we will do regarding the teasers, if I could choose on my own we'd release a full song instead, but we'll discuss pros and cons and get back to you.

Thanks!

Holy Canoli! That's awesome news! Where can I pre-order? Considering I've listened to Alley Cat probably about 20k times, how about a little tease of the slow song, a nice quiet mellow start for the holiday seasons....maybe the first verse and one chorus...just to give it a really good build up to all the heavy stuff everybody, including myself is waiting on :)!

P.S. I've never bought an album more than once, but I plan on ordering 3 copies to expose you all to the U.S. population, save those at ProgRock!

Yayy!! Release date! :D You know what, I actually wouldn't mind if you didn't give us a teaser at all. Gives us something to look forward to, and makes it more special once the release date comes!

well ALMOST good news for me, I expected the middle of november.... so it's two weeks more.... daaaaaaaamn :D
OK, I'm pretty sure it'll be worth the wait, otherwise many many heads will fall... ihihihihih :D

Nice, that release date is about what I expected, and it's less than two months away, so I can wait. I doubt it'll disappoint. Also, considering we've heard Alley Cat I could go without anything else until then, though a full song is the best bet, and teasing any part of the 30 minute song would be silly.

YEEEESSSS!!!! A release date. That sounds really good. Now we have something to look forward too...
Thanks Andreas for the great news!