Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape 2010, and brand new video!

Great news, Andreas! :D I can't WAIT!!

Haha why are you guys asking for teasers?? We've gotten a whole bunch of studio updates, a music video, track listing, artwork.. what more could you ask for? :p

You know, I am not so sure we'll do teasers this time. The jury's still out though...

My experience with MF was that we saw a whole bunch of comments that really weren't fair and based on only too short teasers to be able to make the extrapolations that were made. So, I am afraid it my throw people off and as our music is the way it is a snippet rarely gives the full picture.

I mean, choose the 30 seconds that best describes the song The Great Escape... -can't be done.
You know?

But please, state your views here and we might reconsider.

eheh I know it too well, teasers are only meant to feed fans' appetite, of course not to judge the quality of the record, which will surely be AWESOME. :D

the truth is that i'm really longing for it, please Andy don't bother me anymore ahahah

..........as our music is the way it is a snippet rarely gives the full picture

Exactly this, so for me not necessary at all ('Alley Cat' has been/is the - more than - perfect teaser).

ON THE OTHER HAND....
- looking from a PR-point of view -
2 newsitems in the next few weeks on big music-sites (or new threads on other forums) isn't a bad thing of course:
a. Seventh Wonder announces releasedate for 'The Great Escape'.
and....
b. Snippets available for 'The Great Escape' from Seventh Wonder.

...maybe even more people can be drawn towards SW that way.

No teasers this time please! Alley Cat will feed us a little longer :) If anything, i think promotion of the AC video and perhaps a downloadable mp3 of AC (similar to 'Welcome to Mercy Falls') would be the best course of action until the album gets released.

By the way...what is Lion Music's stance of sending promo copies to reviewers? I do sincerely hope the temptation of a leaked album isn't something the fans have to withstand this time around, but it's understandably out of the band's hands in most cases.

I'm with fire_angel, no teasers this time. Alley Cat is a perfect teaser. Keeping us waiting for more will make the wait seem even more satisfying when we open The Great Escape

It is good to hear different views, so keep 'em coming.

I am sure we'll put up a full song for free download, but we'll see.

Regarding promo copies, well unfortunately that is kind of necessary. We want reviews and comments in zines and stuff and for that to happen they need to get something. Sure, this means that the album leaks immediately but that always happens anyway.

The good thing this time is that we will most likely have a very short wait for the release so there will not be too long a wait before the real album hits the shelves.

Tomorrow we master.... :D

Hi, I've been stalking this forum for a couple of months now but thought I'd join to voice my opinion.

Personally, I'd love to hear a few samples from the album - perhaps in a similar form to this:

Would just build anticipation and excitement, plus be another good promotional and sharing tool in addition to the Alley Cat video. I'll be pre-ordering as soon as the album is available. ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing this time is that we will most likely have a very short wait for the release so there will not be too long a wait before the real album hits the shelves.

IMHO, if is a short wait, then forget the teasers! Seeing you guys at Prog Power and the release of the Alley Cat video has certainly calmed me down a bit!!

Hope to get a release date soon though! I haven't been this excited for a CD release in a looooong time! :D

Ladies and germs!

Yesterday we mastered the album and it is DONE!
What a relief!

I am now proof reading through the booklet etc and sending the actual track lengths etc to Johan Larsson to wrap up the artwork process.
We will ship the artwork and master tape (-it's actually a master CD, but it still feels so much cooler to say master tape) to Lion Music.

We are done and nothing can stop it now!

After the weekend, probably Monday, I will get back to you all here to announce the release date.

We are setting up a band meeting to look into setting up some kind of release party, but we'll see how that works out for everyone's schedules.

So, hang in there -we're almost at the finish line!