Seventh Wonder

'Waiting in the Wings' is indeed a masterpiece but.....'Mercy Falls' is even better!

It's almost been a year since 'Mercy Falls' was released but this album still manages to amaze me everytime I listen to it.
To me, 'Mercy Falls' is the best album ever made. It means THAT much to me.

Make no mistake, I like Circus Maximus a lot (went to the Symphony X, CM and Dreamscape gig in the Netherlands - absolutely stunning performance from CM), and I'm looking forward to their next cd but to me Seventh Wonder are in a league of their own. In my opinion neither 'The First Chapter' nor 'Isolate' can top 'WITW'/'MF'.

No bashing intended of course but I do believe Seventh Wonder ARE a melody-centered band, with absolutely stunning vocal melodies and chorusses.
Right now.....best band in the world.
By the way, they are working on new songs - 3 new songs were almost done a couple of weeks ago. It'll take a while before they hit the studio again but I'm convinced they are capable of making another masterpiece - just take your time guys!!

I am just the opposite with Seventh Wonder. Of course I heard Mercy Falls first, but I found Waiting in the Wings a disappointment. It was like Mercy Falls, but did not have anywhere near the catchiness. Different Strokes I guess...
But, I have to say when I heard Mercy Falls for the first time I was blown away and thought the singer was one of the best I have ever heard...and the melodies are phenomenal. I think they are actually more AOR than CM, but I like both bands equally.

What tracks are really hooking you guys on "Mercy Falls?"

I heard about Seventh Wonder and took a stab by purchasing "Become" and "Mercy Falls". Massive difference! Become is good, but I believe it lacks that certain something due to 1.) The Vocals, 2.) The production.

I put "Mercy Falls" in and was completely drawn in. From the the opening car crash into the Intro and Overture, they had me. Once I heard the chorus for "Welcome to Mercy Falls", my hair stood on end and goosebumps followed. I absolutely love the album. A shame it took me some time to discover them.

The arrangements are complex, but it doesn't have the "look at me" factor or apparent self indulgence as DT.

I really look forward to seeing them named as a performer for PPXI as well as Anubis Gate.

Clark,

Please pick up Waiting in the Wings as soon as you can. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

This band rules the world for me right now. I sure hope Glenn has them lined up for next year!

I really liked what I heard on "Waiting in the Wings." "Mercy Falls" has not really been pulling me in for some reason. What tracks are really hooking you guys on "Mercy Falls?"

Just got done listening to it today:

Tears For A Father
Paradise
Destiny Calls
One Last Goodbye

I'm still not getting the complete plot (I don't really know what the story is telling from "Fall In Line" to "Hide And Seek"), but I still enjoy the hell out of this album.

Same for me as for JBrille - love Seventh Wonder but never really took to CM.

I heard Waiting in the Wings first and absolutely loved it. Mercy Falls has grown on me but will never surpass WITW for me.

What I like most about them is the vocals - and not just his voice, but the way he sings, with the breaths, emotion and other cool little things. Next is the song writing and the prog rhythms - great stuff!

If they play PP, I will definitely be up on the rail :headbang:

Now matter where they're from, ProgPower's their home!
Where they will find inner peace....on stage....in front of us :)

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=62326638[/ame]

:loco:

Last edited by a moderator: