SHADE EMPIRE - Finnish melodic industrial metal!

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Thanks to Spotify, I just discovered what could be my new favorite band: Shade Empire! They're a fantastic blend of black, melodic, and industrial metal with symphonic elements as well. Seems they've been around awhile. Since 2007 at least. Have you all been keeping this diamond-in-the-rough a secret, or...? They have over a million plays on last.fm, yet I don't recall ever seeing their name mentioned before.

I'm loving everything about this. Hope you will too :devil:

SIDE-NOTE: while browsing Shade Empire videos, I was recommended to watch this, and I am worshiping it :worship: Am I the last to hear of TRACEDAWN too??

Last edited by a moderator:
They've been around since 1999 or 2000. I checked them out a while ago because I saw them compared to ...And Oceans, a band that I was seriously into at the time. I liked one Shade Empire song that I heard on Pandora, but none of the other samples I came across did much for me. Despite that, I had Sinthetic in my eMusic queue for what must have been years, but I finally realized that I was never going to buy it and subsequently deleted it. Maybe I should give it a try.

SIDE-NOTE: while browsing Shade Empire videos, I was recommended to watch this, and I am worshiping it Am I the last to hear of TRACEDAWN too??

I have been promoting and pushing Tracedawn for over a year, and I do believe Lance is working on something with them.
Here is another song by them just audio no video.

Aki will most likely make a comment about Shade Empire soon as I know they're friends and I think they're also from Aki's hometown.
Obviously I didn't manage to make a comment "soon", but better two years late than never right? :heh:

Anyhow these guys are releasing their new album Omega Arcane in Europe next week and it surely is a really epic one!

The whole new album is now up for listening here (for a limited time):
http://www.inferno.fi/uutiset/inferno-tarjoaa-kuuntele-uusi-shade-empire-albumi/

Also here's a video for one of the songs:

I'm a latecomer to this thread too, but seriously, "Omega Arcane" is a phenomenal album. Full on symphonic melodeath, kind of like Ex Deo mixed with Insomnium. Their earlier industrial stuff was cool too, but this is a huge leap forward. Can't get enough of "Ash Statues"!