Shadow Gallery still around?

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
Anyone here heard of them? Well to anyone who does, know what's going on with them? I checked out their website a few days ago and as usual absolutely NO updates. To me it looks like they faded away after Legacy. Haven't heard a thing from them afterwards. :(

Who knows? They are on Magna Carta, which is never a good sign. Their stable of promising prog-metal bands have either disappeared or fled the label. Now Magna Carta only releases inane tribute albums, Dream Theater side projects and Billy Sheehan jazz fusion records.

Hopefully Shadow Gallery will return, as "Legacy" is their strongest effort, in my opinion.

Actually, according to the band themselves, they're working on a new cd right now..which label it will be released on has yet to be announced, as Legacy was the last cd on their MC contract.

Another good band from Jersey. I like their "Tyranny" CD best. They have long spaces between albums and they do not tour, which I think is a shame, because they all all very talented. But their lives are extremely busy. Joe Nevolo has a successful music instruction studio near Asbury Park. He is one of my favorite drummers.:)

Are you sure?? I know for sure that Joe Nevolo lives and has his studio near the Jersey coast. If some of the guys are from PA, I can see that it's hard to get together for studio work!

Well that's what I heard. :D

A lot of reviews I read were like "Shadow Gallery - the guys from Pennsylvania" and stuff.

With the exception of Joe, I believe half of SG is in Allentown & the other half in Philly..I could be wrong tho, I'd have to ask to be sure.

Well ya know anyhoo since we're all here, whats everyone's favourite Shadow Gallery song? I believe mine is.... I Believe! :D

I'd have a hard time picking one, just like I can't pick one favorite SymX song either..too much great music to choose from! :D

I like Shadow Gallery and many other bands too......but speaking of vocals, since I found Symphony X, I can't really get into anybody's voice, because I can't find anyone who sings better than Russ. Yow! :yow:
....or a guitarist's style I like better,
....or a bass player who I admire more,
....or a drummer who captures my attention more,
....or a keyboardist whose sound moves me more.
....or writers whose lyrics stimulate my mind more. (what's left of it!!) :lol:
Hopelessly devoted !!:eek: :lol:

I thoroughly enjoy Shadow Gallery. Tyranny is an exceptional piece of work. I dig the vocals a lot. A little bit like Geoff Tate, but I enjoy SG a lot more than Queensryche these days. Legacy is another fine release as is Carved in Stone.

It's just a SHAME that this talented group have to have day jobs outside of the band to support themselves (this is what was said in an interview I read with one of the members last year). Outstanding music and musicians that deserve rock star status.

Of course I LOVE Symphony X more, but Shadow Gallery is part of my regular music rotation.

I look forward to a new release by SG.

Originally posted by Pharoah
I like Shadow Gallery and many other bands too......but speaking of vocals, since I found Symphony X, I can't really get into anybody's voice, because I can't find anyone who sings better than Russ. Yow! :yow:
....or a guitarist's style I like better,
....or a bass player who I admire more,
....or a drummer who captures my attention more,
....or a keyboardist whose sound moves me more.
....or writers whose lyrics stimulate my mind more. (what's left of it!!) :lol:
Hopelessly devoted !!:eek: :lol:
I bow to these words!!:D

My favourite song has gotta be Roads of Thunder. Fantastic melodies(as usual in a Shadow Gallery song), soaring solos and tight songwriting. A close second is Ghost of a Chance, which is one of the few songs that always bring a tear to my eye when I hear it. Oh, and SG fans, [shameless self promotion]if you have a spare moment of your time, check out my midis from the link below if you have the time!!![/shameless self promotion] :D