Shadow Gallery signs with InsideOut Music

Luis

Mortal With Immortal Mind
From their official site:

InsideOutMusic is happy and proud to announce the latest addition to the ever growing InsideOut family of artists: SHADOW GALLERY.

SHADOW GALLERY - one of the pioneers of the Progressive Power Metal Genre - are currently recording the anticipated follow up to their last studio album "Legacy". The new album, going under the working title of "Room Five" is the fifth album from this well respected American six piece. All of their albums are considered to be classics amongst fans of this type of music and their new concept album, which will be a continuation of the "Tyranny" story, will no doubt be heralded as the welcome return of SHADOW GALLERY.

This is what guitarist Gary Wehrkamp says about signing to InsideOut and the upcoming album: "As we begin to approach the later stages of recording, we are finding ourselves excited about our upcoming release. We remained quite busy after our last record, but took some time to team up with InsideOut, noting how much respect they had for their bands and visa-versa. I believe they are a good vehicle for our upcoming disc and look forward to working with them. We are ready to put some new music back in the hands of progressive rock fans this spring."
"We are glad, to finally have the chance to work with these guys. I bought their first album when it came out and have been a fan of the band ever since!" says InsideOut managing director Thomas Waber.

Who says tour???.I hope IO help them because Shadow Gallery needs to play live.

Here is a question I have concerning Mike Varney. Michael Romeo thanks him on the Dark Chapter cd so what surprises me is that The Dark Chapter was not a Shrapnel release back when Romeo "shopped" it around to labels. Did Romeo decline a Shrapnel deal? I can't imagine Varney passing on it.

sweepking said:
Here is a question I have concerning Mike Varney. Michael Romeo thanks him on the Dark Chapter cd so what surprises me is that The Dark Chapter was not a Shrapnel release back when Romeo "shopped" it around to labels. Did Romeo decline a Shrapnel deal? I can't imagine Varney passing on it.

Romeo was featured in Mike Varney's "Spotlight Column" in whatever guitar magazine that column was in (either Guitar or Guitar Player, I forget).

I think Tyranny is a phenominal album and am excited to see a continuing story line to it on this new CD. However, aside from that album and a few select songs, I have been somewhat dissapointed in Shadow Gallery. The lead guitar playing is really sub par and uninsteresting, adding little to the quality of the songs. Aside from the melodies on Tyranny, the vocals are weak and not engaging, and often times they seem to simply be trying too hard to do the whole concept thing. I know Carved in Stone is supposedly their big CD but I find it boring and simple minded (especially considering I own V). Since Tyranny was so good, I'll probably give this new CD a shot, but if this one sucks that's going to be it for me and Shadow Gallery.

Soul of Ice said:
I'm glad to hear the news, but Shadow Gallery has never played live.
Joe Nevolo, (their drummer) told me awhile ago that they, in fact...did perform live in Japan around the time the band had gotten together.

I'm optimistic. I think there is a great collective talent, but production has been very poor (a bit better on Legacy than the others), This is my opinion.....it's a mixing / production flaw with this band. Let's hope for the best!