Sad news for fans of the band Shadow Gallery

J-Dubya 777

It NEVER ends
Nov 7, 2004
Cheeseland USA
I didn't see anything posted here yet, but for those who are fans of the band, some very terrible news:

ALLENTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA

It is with deep sadness and regret that we announce the passing of Shadow Gallery vocalist, Michael A. Baker. Mike suffered a heart attack, Wednesday afternoon, October 29th, 2008. He was 45 years old. Mike was a founding member of Shadow Gallery and for the past 16 years, helped shape the sound of the band with his magical voice. Additionally, he made many appearances on rock records around the world. Those who knew him best were moved by his gentle spirit, sincere kindness, fun nature and passion for both music and sports. He was a warrior in the studio, a true professional. Mike was our friend, our singer and our brother. We loved him and will miss him enormously, but he will always be remembered in our hearts and through his music.

At this time we are setting up a condolence book on the Shadow Gallery Band website that you will be able to leave a message.

Good Bye Mike,

We will miss you and your beautiful voice.

My thoughts are with his fans, family, & friends. 45 is WAY too young...
RIP Mike

...:( Very sad news indeed. Did he have some sort of preexisting heart condition because a heart attack at 45 seems out of the ordinary?

I really enjoy Room V and, very oddly enough, I woke up with Vow stuck in my head this morning.

That is so sad. I've been a fan since their first album. Wow. you never know when your time is up. He definitely had his own vocal style. Man, I feel for his friends and family. R.I.P. Mr. Baker......

Sad, a bit of a flashback for me, loosing my writing comrade and vocalist a year and a half ago at the age of 38, yes you never know.

I don't really know Shadow Gallery, but I know that this guy sung in that one song in Ayreon - The Human Equation.

Too bad he died so young.

Mike was a dear friend of mine, a hell of a funny dude, & had a huge caring heart..not to mention his obvious talent as an amazing vocalist. He will be sorely missed.

Thanks for the music, Bakes.

PS - not in the mood to deal with the Friday Five today, feel free to run with it.

It's weird, because the newest song my band and I wrote, is called Shadow Gallery. My little nod towards them. And last night, when the song came up to play at our show, I said "this goes out to Mike Baker, great singer, in a great band". I didn't expect anybody to know who I was referring to, but I'll be damned, there was a guy in the crowd, who approached me, and said he heard about the passing of Baker as well. Man.....I'm still really sad today.

This is really really sad for me, Shadow Gallery was one of the bands that got me through those long days studying at college, kept my mind from snapping up all that time.

Can't believe this...

Mike..

:(