Michael Baker(Shadow Gallery)died

Jun 10, 2005
"It is with deep sadness and regret that we announce the passing of Shadow Gallery vocalist, Michael A. Baker. Mike suffered a heart attack, Wednesday afternoon, October 29th, 2008. He was 45 years old. Mike was a founding member of Shadow Gallery and for the past 16 years, helped shape the sound of the band with his magical voice. Additionally, he made many appearances on rock records around the world. Those who knew him best were moved by his gentle spirit, sincere kindness , fun nature and passion for both music and sports. He was a warrior in the studio, a true professional. Mike was our friend, our singer and our brother. We loved him and will miss him enormously, but he will always be remembered in our hearts and through his music."

Farewell to great vocalist and obviusly a great guy...
See you at the gate of kings!
R.I.P.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

God fucking damnit, Mike Baker was one of the best vocalist out there one of my favorites and a definitive signature wherever he participates. Shadow Gallery is one of my favorite bands and even if their last album is weak I was willing to follow them blindly, this is a very sad news indeed for me :erk::cry:

R.I.P. Mike wherever your are...

What a shocker. Heart attack at 45...I'm 43 and things like this scare me. As a huge fan of Shadow Gallery, this is distressful news to read first thing in the morning. Mike was an excellent vocalist, one of my faves and he will be sorely missed.

I was just saying to a friend a couple months ago that I was hoping for a Shadow Gallery DVD. I hope there's already one in the tank, or it's too late now.

Farewell Mike, your vocals were amazing and unique... R.I.P. Brother...
I just woke up too and read about this. Well I'm listening exclusively to SG for the next few days.

This is some sad shit... I'm at a loss for words. *mourns* :(

Really, really a sad, very sad occurance. My sympathies go out to the Baker clan, and SG. I've been a fan since their first album. And Baker always put in such an effort with the band, and the side projects of other musician's projects. Wow......such a sad, sad shocker. R.I.P. Mr. Baker.....

I know absolutely nothing about these guys, but its quite the tragedy. Always sad to see someone so young go.

I guess now's good a time as any to listen to their material.

RIP

I'm amazed you never heard about them, they weren't (or aren't I don't klnow if they will continue) as big as Dream Theater but definitively they had a sound of their own and a great sense for musicianship. Mike the vocalist did the song 'Looser' on Ayreon's "The Human Equation" and also collaborated in other progressive projects mainly on Magna Carta records which was their original label. The guitar/keyboardist Gary Wehrkamp also collaborated with Ayreon, Explorers Club and is part of the line-up in Amaran's Plight project.

I recommend "Tyranny" as their best album and not only for the band but as one of the best crafted prog metal albums ever with songs falling in the prog/power realm even, and lyrically I believe the album still have as much relevance today as it has in 1998 when it was recorded.

I never heard of them or him but R.I.P.

Well you're not much into prog metal aren't you?
c010.gif

Room V is the sequel to Tyranny. It's to me, a little better than Tyranny. But Carved in Stone is still my favorite SG album.

:yow: NOOOOOOOO!

This SUCKS!!!!!! Great Great talent!!!

A little song from Ayreon dedicated from myself!

Thought that was fitting since he was a part of The Human Equation..

Goodbye Michael!!

Shadow Gallery was all the more better with YOU in it!!

:(

Last edited by a moderator: