sad Shadow Gallery news

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
repost from the PPUSA forum!!

ALLENTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA

It is with deep sadness and regret that we announce the passing of Shadow Gallery vocalist, Michael A. Baker. Mike suffered a heart attack, Wednesday afternoon, October 29th, 2008. He was 45 years old. Mike was a founding member of Shadow Gallery and for the past 16 years, helped shape the sound of the band with his magical voice. Additionally, he made many appearances on rock records around the world. Those who knew him best were moved by his gentle spirit, sincere kindness, fun nature and passion for both music and sports. He was a warrior in the studio, a true professional. Mike was our friend, our singer and our brother. We loved him and will miss him enormously, but he will always be remembered in our hearts and through his music.

At this time we are setting up a condolence book on the Shadow Gallery Band website that you will be able to leave a message.

Good Bye Mike,

We will miss you and your beautiful voice.

Mike was a dear friend of mine..he was an amazing vocalist, funny as hell, & had a huge caring heart. He will be greatly missed.

Thanks for the music, Bakes.

I've been a fan since the very first SG album and I have most everything that Mike has ever sang on as well. I will certainly miss his unique tonality and the character of his vocal sound. Rest in Peace Mike.

Yeah, it is sad news. I would have loved to have seen these guys live ... at least once. But sadly I don't think they have ever performed live in front of an audience. I think Glenn tried.

Nope, they never did play live for an audience, unfortunately.

Still can't believe he's gone.

I am still in disbelief by this-- I picked up V a few years ago and was instantly blown away by his dramatic voice, and the great songwriting.. they really had something special.

Last year when I was in Montreal and Quebec City in the middle of the cold, I remember listening to Queen of the City of the Ice..that is really one of the most beatiful songs on the planet- a song that evokes a state of mind through the lyrics and the gliding harmonies.

As far as SG playing live, I of course tried to get them here, but was told there would be no way-- their layers and backing tracks are meant to be studio only