Shape of Despair - 'Angels of Distress'

Hey, I'm glad there are people into Saturnus here, I thought I was the only one!:eek:
They ARE one of the most underrated bands.

I also think they haven't split, but the three members left, Kim Larsen (mastermind) and the rhythm section.
They have a new band called The Loveless, and they will release their debut in Spring 2002.

You should check out Kim's solo project, :Of the Wand and the Moon: - it is really great (acoustic nocturnal music in the vein of The Fall of Nakkiel, Lament for this Treacherous World and In Your Shining Eyes).

As for Saturnus, I've probably listened to Christ Goodbye, The Fall of Nakkiel and Soflty on the Path You Fade 60 times by now.
And I won't stop!

One of the _slowest_ parts in the whole damn Doom, is in The Underworld, when Thomas growls
"Remember, cross the bridge with a pure heart".
Awesome!

Stay loveless...;)

Yeah Kim sent me The Loveless demo a long time ago, it is fukking EXCELLENT. It is one of my most anticipated full-lengths actually. I know they signed to Euphonious Records.. I think their album will be coming out in not too long.. I think most Katatonia fans will worship this one too, no question..

jesse,

you can order the 'angels of distress' album from relapse. it's the domestic version as all import versions are stopped due to the licensing of the album. 'shades of...' will be available in march... working on getting the raven demo on that too.

rock,
digitalmetal.com

I have got Shape of Despair's latest Cd and I have to say it is fucking excellent !

One of the rare, great doom metal masterpieces.

Almost an album of the year if you ask me
(#1 Album of 2001 is Katatonia, of course).

I got "Angels of Distress" a couple of months ago, and although my review for it was mainly a humour thing it really is a good album. Very romantic/melancholic.