Shining

Jimmy... Dead.

contemplative curmudgeon
Feb 7, 2007
Planet Bullshit
I just got The Eerie cold, Angst,Livets and within dark chambers

The Eerie cold was the first thing I heard and I really liked it. I fell in love with the musicanship right away. Very well produced and unpredictable, but then I picked up Within dark chambers and I noticed a huge difference.

I think Both albums are good but Chambers is much darker, and I guess alot more black metal.

Angst seems to lean towards The eerie cold, esp the guitar work.

...and I'm listening to Livets right now.

What are your fav Shining albums?

There is some faggot on here, I think it is black blood, who says they are posers and are worse than Dimmu or Cradle. I say he's an idiot. I like this band.

This thread isn't much of a recommendation, is it? Discuss the band here...you know, in the Metal Discussion Forum.

This thread isn't much of a recommendation, is it? Discuss the band here...you know, in the Metal Discussion Forum.

Sorry 'bout that.

Initially I was going to ask which album would you recommend listening to first, but then I just ranted.

Good move tho.

Anyway, I never heard of Grindstone Nag. What does it sound like?

It's obviously not the same band, he's just being a faggot by referencing another band by the same name to prove that he's kvlter.

It's obviously not the same band, he's just being a faggot by referencing another band by the same name to prove that he's kvlter.

Since they contain two members of Jaga Jazzist, they aren't much of a kvlt. Still, a very good album. If shit like Boris can be thrown around on these boards, I thought I'd add my own recommendation.

This isn't about the band you're referring to, nor is it a recommendation thread, so there's no reason to bring them up except to be annoying.

Their newest album is amazing. On one of the tracks a girl is crying in the middle of the song and screams out "I Hate Myself" it can't get anymore metal than that!!

to me their newest is their weakest..... it doesn't even sound like Shining to begin with..... more like Emo metal or something.
boring riffs and atmosphere with stupid lyrics... sorry not my cup of tea.

this band started great and then falled into mediocrity.... Kvarforth runs out of idea with this one.

to me their newest is their weakest..... it doesn't even sound like Shining to begin with..... more like Emo metal or something.
boring riffs and atmosphere with stupid lyrics... sorry not my cup of tea.

this band started great and then falled into mediocrity.... Kvarforth runs out of idea with this one.

That's your idea of emo metal?

Shut up, fag.

^very mature of you, geek.

PS. don't go cut your veins now because i insulted you.