Shining

the_dying

Jan 4, 2003
La Flandre
gorath.blackmetal.be
Last days I'm listening a lot to Shining. They play slow black metal or suicidal black metal as they like to call it. Though that label sound quite silly, the music is far from silly. Think of old Burzum mixed with old Katatonia. Personally I think their 4th release, The Eerie Cold, is their best one. Production wise is beats all older albums and it's melancholy pur sang.

Now check it out.

Boring, I got into em around the second album I think and I now wonder why...I also liked the first forgotten tomb (or whichever songs to leave was) because of the strong katatonia vibe but then they started creating really boring black metal albums. I really hate these slow black metal bands that don't sound depressing or evil, just my opinion.

hmm.. its strange, a lot of bands that get labelled "suicide" metal or whatever, dont sound very depressive at all. I havnt heard shining so im not talking about them.

Don't like them at all. Used to, but they get very boring very quickly, and a number of other factors just completely turned me off this band, so I've sold Shining II and will trade away my copy of Shining III shortly. Abyssic Hate's "Suicidal Emotions", Dolorian "When All the Laughter has Gone" or Silencer "Death, Pierce Me" are all better bets if you like Shining style music.

same here, shining bores the shit out of me and there's a lot of better bands although shining were one of the first and probably most influential bands when it comes to "suicide black metal". matter of taste...i don't get depressed when i listen to shining, in fact nothing tears me down more than dods when i'm already in the "right mood"

I liked Shining untill Kvarforth`s speach in the beginning of IV: The Eerie Cold. I could not stand it, just disgusting...He was talking about people didnt really know what pain and hatred was, and maybe Shining wasnt really for you, because they are too tr00 for the fans or whatever. Kvarforth is just an asshole, and Iam done with these faggots. Their early records kicked ass though, I enjoyed Angst and Withing Deep Dark Chambers.

Shinig is by far the best band in this genre, imho. Eerie Cold is brilliant. Doloian is quite different, more doom than bm. Abyssic Hate is not bad at all, but rather boring.