Shit DVDs

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Alright, as far as I'm concerned, DVD is the greatest medium EVER, even beating CDs by a long shot, since they can essentially do the same thing, only with the edition of quality video (some CDs have video yes, but I have a few, and they are all shite quality, even considering they are well over 10 years old now). Case in point, the new Primus DVD. 3 hours long, all their videos, commentary, tons of live performances, age old bootlegs, this DVD has everything, and really raises the standard for bands and movie makers to follow in the future. So that being said, with all the tools that a DVD presents, WHY DO SOME COMPANIES RELEASE SUCH SHODDY DVDS!!?!??!?! List your disappointments here:

Danzig - Archive de la Morte
Worst. DVD. Ever. This was supposed to have all of Danzig's videos (which there are many) all on one kickass DVD. As usual, I assumed some extras too, maybe some live footage or something. Nope. A scattered handful of absolutely TERRIBLE unreleased videos (we're talking camcorder quality), and an utter LACK of about 70% of all his videos. The only one worth seeing is How the Gods Kill, which I already have on VHS. No Mother, no Cantspeak, nothing from the long out of print Danzig II video, nothing. On top of all that, the cover is IDENTICAL to the Thrall EP, which was released 10 years ago! Bollocks.

The Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror
Episodes V, VI, VII, and XII. What the fuck? It's bad enough that we only have up to Season 3 on DVD, but two months ago Fox had the audacity to release a scattered handful of Halloween episodes, some of which have already been releasd on VHS, but in an order that makes sense. Where are episodes VIII - XI? Or how about I - IV on DVD, since only I and II are on the regular season boxsets thusfar.

Beavis and Butt-head
So I've almost broken down and ordered the Time Life greatest hits compilation, but only because there are NO other Beavis and Butthead DVDs out there. Come on, even King of the Hill has a few season boxsets, what's the hold up? MTV? Mike Judge? Some inattentive mother saying Beavis and Butthead caused her 4 year old to light her house on fire again, while Jackass probably has 40 DVDs out within it's short (and shallow) existence?

LIVE goddammit, you're life hasn't even started and your DYING on me!?!?

All of you are kidding yourselves if you don't think you own any shit DVDs, now fess up dammit.

I try to avoid music DVDs at all costs, unless it's something like the 'official' Brazilian bootleg copy of Live After Death (transferred from VHS) reminding me of a time when Bruce Dickinson played guitar on the live rendition of Revelations.

Tool's and Primus's's's DVDs are spectacular, that Danzig one just really pissed me off. It is so bad, everybody that has ever wanted to release a DVD needs to watch it to know exactly what NOT to do. Even the paper for the cover is cheap quality, and the insert is a b&w advertisement for other DVDs by the company. I've never actually been angry at a small plastic disc before, but those days of innocence are long over.

I have no comment on the Danzig thing being totally oblivious to anything they've ever done (but always surprised at how much the man himself sounds so much like Billy Idol)!1.

Pffffffffffffffffff(x1,500)t. If he sounds like anyone he's the spawn of Jim Morrison and Elvis. Did you ever pick up Danzig 4p by the way?

JayKeeley said:
You could apply that description to ol' Billy! :p Think about it...
Actually... I did last night, and you're right! I think Glenn was singing before Billy though, the Misfits first song (never really had an "album" until they disbanded) was released in '78 I think. :)

NAD said:
Actually... I did last night, and you're right! I think Glenn was singing before Billy though, the Misfits first song (never really had an "album" until they disbanded) was released in '78 I think. :)
So was Generation X (Billy Idol's first band). I think their debut album was called "Original Debut Album" and it came out in '78. It's all a bit uncanny with Idol and Danzig's singing styles IMO.

Hmm. Maybe it was fate for me to become a Danzig head, along with all the Supertramp, Pink Floyd, and David Bowie momz used to play all the time when I was a wee lad, Billy Idol made regular appearances. I used to confuse him, David Bowie, and Sting when I was 3, they all had blond hair. :lol: