SHIT...new cab got cracked in shipping

I just got a Hafler guitar tube preamp( its a T2) and a 2 channel mosfet poweramp of a guy used. The guy- who works as a post-man, wrapped them in duct tape, still sitting on top of each other with a lead plugged into the outout of the preamp. Then he covered this in brown paper and wrote the address on it.

When it arrived the corner of the package- the rack mount bit of the preamp, was sticking out! The power amp works fine but the dirty channel of the hafler is now broken but the clean channel works. I told the guy and he said it probably took a knock during transport, no shit! He said as a postman he see's it all the time, i was kinda thinkin if he knew that why did he ship it so badly! I'm just gonna take it to a tech and get it fixed cause the 2 of them together cost practically nothing- 111 euro for the 2 together with shipping and everything!

I built a pair of 2x12s years ago and after some doing research it seemed like it was a pretty common practice to put egg crate foam or quilt batting on one of each pair of opposite sides (back, bottom, and one side, say) and then stuff the cab loosely with some sort of poly fill or special acoustic fluff or whatever.

Supposedly this makes the cab "feel" bigger to the speakers, which will give it a deeper and more even frequency response. If you're specifically designing your cabs to be tuned (which I understand most guitar cab builders aren't - the standard classic 4x12 design was apparently just based on trial and error, and trying to get all the speakers to fit into one box) I guess you wouldn't want to mess with foam, because that could make it sound "dead" by flattening out uneven frequency peaks that were supposed to be there.

If you take out the insulation, post your impressions (and some before and after clips)!