Shitty footswitch or just shitty design?

mburton21

Oct 7, 2009
Hey guys, just rewired my setup for some ballin' noise suppression, but now that I have to leave my effects loop engaged I have to use a footswitch connected to my effects unit (Alesis Midiverb 4) to enable/bypass.

The problem is, I have to press the pedal twice to activate and twice to deactivate, which is a huge piss-off and handicap.

All I'm using is a latching Marshall single button footswitch, connected to the footswitch 1/4" jack on the Midiverb.

Should I spring for a proper midi controller or ?

I was kinda looking in to a Voodoo ground controller so I can simplify everything and do less tap dancing. Might work out better with my amp (5150 III) so I can go from dirty to cleans /w effects in one press and such.

Not the greatest effects unit ever I know, but it just makes no sense to me why it should require two presses for on/off! It does sound quite good for the price tag though.

Anyways if anyone has an answer, thanks for your time!

Sounds like you might need the non-latching variety of footswitch. Sounds to me like the MidiVerb expects a full on-off cycle for the switching. A momentary switch would do that.

You can get something like the Rocktron MidiXchange, pretty sweet actually to make you MIDI with less cash.

Personally I use a GSP1101 with its proprietary Control 2. That way you get 4CM and it will resend MIDI commands for amp switching. Also it then becomes one cable to the front that is phantom powered.

But I do still use the MidiXchange for smaller stages or when I just need more simple switching.