Shooting a music video

a) Don't overthink it. Nobody gives a shit about how you look when you play except for yourself. Everyone else will think you look fine. You should actually TOTALLY overdo the playing bit. Normally if people think they wanna look like they always look, they end up looking like a boring idiot doing nothing. Been there, done that. Overacting is the way to go in a video!

b) Write a detailed production plan. That includes a table with:

time, location, actors, staff, equipment, props, scene, camera position, plot

That way you don't get completely fucked up, planning and timing wise.

c) Throw in as many clichés as possible: hot girls (as said by Loren above) are always a must. Forget about doing something nobody has done before. It just won't happen. If it happens, it's gonna be by complete accident and not because you thought long and hard about it.

d) Use good cameras. Seriously, if you can't get shallow DOF and great low light performance with your cam, don't even shoot the video. It will just look like another amateur band making a shitty video without a budget. Canon EOS 5D Mark II is your ticket (or maybe even the 7D) for that.

Put on fake mustaches and big sunglasses, and run around town acting like 70's police officers.

Hey, it worked for the Beastie Boys.

You should spoof The Passion of the Christ or something equally as offensive. Do the steady cam shot of Jesus on the cross. Sure to get a reaction then! Maybe not a good one but any publicity is good publicity. It's so difficult to raise any ire these days. No subject seems taboo but you can try like hell!

You should spoof The Passion of the Christ or something equally as offensive. Do the steady cam shot of Jesus on the cross. Sure to get a reaction then! Maybe not a good one but any publicity is good publicity. It's so difficult to raise any ire these days. No subject seems taboo but you can try like hell!

Right...'cause metal doesn't have enough religion spoofing ideas.

So what's your idea other than saying you are sick of scene chicks in abandoned buildings? Scene chicks, abandoned buildings and Religious mockery are all played out themes I agree but have you ever seen a body cam shot of Christ on the cross. No you haven't.

HDWR: I like the idea, I might actually do that one day!

Oh and what you are talking about is called "body cam" because the camera is attached to the body. A SteadiCam is a rig that balances the camera despite movement, so the cameraoperator can run and change direction without any wobble or bumps.

HDWR: I like the idea, I might actually do that one day!

Oh and what you are talking about is called "body cam" because the camera is attached to the body. A SteadiCam is a rig that balances the camera despite movement, so the cameraoperator can run and change direction without any wobble or bumps.

Cheers!

Also thanks for telling me what that cam is called.

So what's your idea other than saying you are sick of scene chicks in abandoned buildings? Scene chicks, abandoned buildings and Religious mockery are all played out themes I agree but have you ever seen a body cam shot of Christ on the cross. No you haven't.

I'm not saying a body cam shot of a crucifixion scene wouldn't be original, but in the greater scheme of metal videos parodying or pointless use of religious icons or parallels has become a sign of weak writing/directing.

If a band has an anti-religion message, then it fits in context. If it's just a metal band looking for exposure by copying what everyone else is doing, I usually turn off my speakers.

if there is a lead guitar duel in the song have one guitarist dressed like Jesus and the other like Mohammed

Make the drummer Buddha and there you go ... instant crazy publicity