Shopping for a media hub

GaryGnu

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2005
I'm in the process of looking for media hub and the #1 thing I want it to do is play internet radio, BEC among other internet radio stations. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the choices. Some support certain formats and others do not. I want to be able to play any internet radio station, and I would prefer to be able to use the MP3pro format. e.g. BEC sounds so much better at 64kb with MP3Pro.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts and experiences.

Gary

gnu24.jpg

GaryGnu said:
I'm in the process of looking for media hub and the #1 thing I want it to do is play internet radio, BEC among other internet radio stations. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the choices. Some support certain formats and others do not. I want to be able to play any internet radio station, and I would prefer to be able to use the MP3pro format. e.g. BEC sounds so much better at 64kb with MP3Pro. Anyway, let me know your thoughts and experiences. Gary

Great topic!:cool: I haven't looked into them for a while but will take another look. Important for it to support Shoutcast Internet Radio and MP3 (Of course MP3pro support would be cool, but hey if you can find $4.95 a month in the budget there is also the 128k stream that rocks:D !). If you want wireless connection then it would be beneficial to have the 802.11g support (a lot of the origional models only supported the slower 802.11b).

For those who care, I picked up a Roku Soundbridge M1000. I'm having trouble finding a way to stream 64kbps in MP3Pro through it though.

I will consider subscribing but how is the 128 URL set up? Is there a password? I need to make sure the Roku can handle it.

GaryGnu said:
For those who care, I picked up a Roku Soundbridge M1000. I'm having trouble finding a way to stream 64kbps in MP3Pro through it though.

I will consider subscribing but how is the 128 URL set up? Is there a password? I need to make sure the Roku can handle it.
Yes there is, but key would be can you access any (shoutcast .pls) Internet Radio station like BeyondEarCandy.com 64k or 32k streams to play on the Roku. You can email me at admin@beyondearcandy.com and we can further address. :headbang:

On The Great Space Coaster, Off we go!

Well, we can continue to say no gnus is good gnus with Gary Gnu. LOL!