Short mix, need some fresh ears

Hmm, not a big fan of the guitar tone, very messy distortion (almost solid-state like) without much clarity, and a little muffled as well (and too loud relative to the drums also IMO, though I guess that's intentional to make it easier to judge) - and HOT DAMN do those vox need some tuning! :D

i like the guitar tone so far..what are you using?

Thanks man. I'm using a 90's Jackson Rhoads V with an EMG 81 into an Ibanez TS7 which then goes into my Mesa Boogie Rectoverb Combo miced up with an SM57.

Hmm, not a big fan of the guitar tone, very messy distortion (almost solid-state like) without much clarity, and a little muffled as well (and too loud relative to the drums also IMO, though I guess that's intentional to make it easier to judge) - and HOT DAMN do those vox need some tuning!

Yeah everything is pretty raw. Only a slight bit of EQ on the guitars and I've replaced the kick from the Superior 2 drums, and the vocals have a bit of EQ, reverb, and thats about it.

As far as the messy distortion is concerned. I think I've got a tad too much gain. I'm gonna Reamp it again in a few days with a bit less gain and see if that helps get some more clarity. I have to crank the gain quite a bit up when I'm Reamping because for some reason when I Reamp I lose like 1/4 of my gain, and I think I raised it a bit too much and I lost some clarity.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Any other suggestions please post.

I must have some crazy midrange boost in my room or something because I also thought there was too much mids but in that clip I recorded the amp with 0 mids and there is still plenty.

I wonder if my amp is too close to the wall. It's probably only 6 inches away from the wall or so. I think I'll try moving it out farther and see how that sounds.