Should i get an amp?

Mistro_pk

New Metal Member
Jun 5, 2004
Okay, well i use my electric guitar with a pedal on the stereo and it gives great distortion but alot of people have been telling me to get an amplifier...
So what should i do guys? And why should i get an amp? The stereo works fine for now...

i use my Boss gt-3 in line/direct/mixer mode running through my pc sound card, connected to a stereo power amp (60w/channel) with about 10 speakers + a 200w subwoofer. awesome sound quality for all kinds of guitar tones, and it's great for recording, since i hear my sounds exactly as they'll be in the final mix :) :) versatile as hell, and i can play fukkin loud if i want :D

this setup totally kills my Ross 100w guitar amp by far, and that's a good amp. i dont like having all my sound coming out of one little (or big) speaker box....

i dunno what a standard stereo PA would give driving a couple of marshall stacks..... hmmmm.. should be interesting :)

delt said:
i use my Boss gt-3 in line/direct/mixer mode running through my pc sound card, connected to a stereo power amp (60w/channel) with about 10 speakers + a 200w subwoofer. awesome sound quality for all kinds of guitar tones, and it's great for recording, since i hear my sounds exactly as they'll be in the final mix :) :) versatile as hell, and i can play fukkin loud if i want :D

this setup totally kills my Ross 100w guitar amp by far, and that's a good amp. i dont like having all my sound coming out of one little (or big) speaker box....

i dunno what a standard stereo PA would give driving a couple of marshall stacks..... hmmmm.. should be interesting :)

hmmm, ive got a Denon 120w/channel reciever , kickass speakers and a 1000w powered 12" subwoofer........... i think i might try hooking my guitar up to my system.

Im gonna decide soon.

See my stereo produces 200w and thats fairly good if you ask me. And it can be played loud. So whats the point of getting an amp though?

Becouse i like v-amp sounds and it's very cheap for the quality. I have tried some others (PODs i think not sure) in school, but i dont like them too much. I think v-amp is the best in quality-price scale.

rayden_ad said:
Infernum, finaly why v-amp 2 and not line6 POD ?

I Have a V-AMP 2, its alright, but the Line6 PODXT owns it completely.
Cant say much for the POD-2 though

Infernium said:
Becouse i like v-amp sounds and it's very cheap for the quality. I have tried some others (PODs i think not sure) in school, but i dont like them too much. I think v-amp is the best in quality-price scale.

- Totally agree. I've got v-amp 2 yeasterday :)
- Do you have any song recorded ?
- Now I've to find anything to do drums. leafdrums suck ;P