Should i get

The Odyssey doesn't have as much of the neoclassical sound that the other Symphony X albums have, so I can understand Nocturnal Swede's opinion. I love the album, and although a few tracks are sub-par, I do think it is one of their strongest.

IMO it's great how Symphony X has always evolved a little into a new direction with each album. That's why The Odyssey sounds fresh to me. And about that journey feel, I think The Odyssey is the greatest journey song ever. And I don't understand how you can call songs like Awaknings, Accolade II or King of Terrors generic.

Still I hear similiar comments about The Odyssey once in a while. A lot more people have liked it tho and I'm part of them.

And about the tiering of Sym X records, I think The Odyssey, V, TIO, TDWOT and DG are all very close to each other. I just don't know which one is the best, maybe Divine Wings... Or The Odyssey... On the other hand V is amazing too. Propably one of those, but DG and TIO aren't far behind. Self titled isn't quite as good as the rest tho (as many know).

I think you shouldn't even considering of buying just one of those albums. Both of them are great, but in my humble opinion (which is the right opinion by the way!) Twilight is the better choice for you if you prefer V and The Odyssey over TDWOT, because Twilight sounds a bit more advanced compared to The Damnation Game when it comes to the concepts of the songs and the overall "sound" of the album.

If you preferred the more sort of neoclassicalish approach then I would suggest The Damnation Game without a question.

Definitely Twilight. Personally, my second face Symph X CD (after The Odyssey).
Through the Looking Glass is worth the price of admission, alone.

Not to say Damnation doesn't have it's strong points, but Twilight trumps it in actual songwriting.