Should Nevermore sign w/Nuclear Blast?

dreamingneonblack

All about the METAL
Nov 30, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
I don't think so...they are run by Century Media here in the states so I don't see what would be the difference as far as promotion etc...

Not Sanctuary
Not Metal Blade

Maybe Roadrunner...they are distributed thru Universal which is massive in their reach.........if Nevermore even have that choice...

They just need (like so many other great bands) a chance, either on a major tour or something like that to get their music out there.

By the way....do you know why Kirk doesn't solo on the new Metallica? Because he heard Loomis absolutely shred the hell out of the gutar on the new Nevermore and figured he'd better sit down and shut up...and maybe listen to some newer blood that can actually play a "solo"

Just my .02

:)

umm.... they should sign with whoever is the best for them.

and Roadrunner would be at the bottom of the list of who i think they should be on.

why not Sanctuary?

they give reasons why there's no solos on the new metallica.. but does it matter? the album would still be crap

Major Labels will make their CDs to where you can't play it on PCs and some home audio systems. If they go major, I don't buy faulty CDs, sorry.

HemiGTX said:
I know from personal experience that Metal Blade is outstanding as far as promotions go....given the competition that is.

What do you mean by personal experience?

I've worked at a record store for the last 12 years and we never really get any support from them on the retail side of things. Maybe you had better luck with them.

I also agree with some of the other postings in hoping they don't land some major label deal....those never prove positive for band or their fans.

Who knows? All I know is that nuns are funny.

band-of-sisters.jpg
!!
jesus.gif
welcome.gif

Spv have like Doro and now, Iced Earth. They're a German based label, with good distro etc.

HemiGTX said:
dreamingneonblack: What do you mean by personal experience?

I've worked at a record store for the last 12 years and we never really get any support from them on the retail side of things. Maybe you had better luck with them.

I also agree with some of the other postings in hoping they don't land some major label deal....those never prove positive for band or their fans."

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Promotions as far as getting the bands on tours (good tours) and
touring them, which is how they make their money. Posters, promo's Cds, setting up incredible publicity. You want to take pics at a show that has at least one Metal Blade artist? You are fucking IN! No questions! You want to interview anyone on their roster? DONE! Need a promo copy to go to your favorite radio station? Ask, it's done, with posters. Stills, autographs, you name it. THE publicity/promotions department of Metal Blade is absolutley OUTFUCKINGSTANDING. Want it? Ask, chances are you will receive. My experience with them has been supreme. I do believe that they work their asses off in that department. I repeat, that department of Metal Blade has been pretty fucking cool to me! And trust me, I've dealt with at least 7 other semi-major labels that have predominantly metal on their roster, and MB was the best as far as following through on what is necessary for a band to get out there. Want to take a guess on who is the worst? You know.

P.S., I'm not in retail. So, I can't speak for that, but you could tell me how it is. I really have no idea.

In comparison with retail it is like night and day. They seem to get you materials when they get to it. I never receive anything anymore before street date. I'm talking posters etc..not just instore copies, cuz that problem I understand. Other than that we just don't recieve the support we ask for. They do push some of their artitst with us, but if they are an artist who sucks..obviously then we don't need the support. It should work that if we request it, we should get it. Not,"here, promote these guys".....No way..if it is a band I believe in, I litterally pound it down peoples throats. That is just how I am.