show in Tel-Aviv, 18. 7.

magister_ludi

seeker
Jun 21, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
Hello everybody, I'm new here and I have a few questions about the show in Tel-Aviv.
I'm from Croatia, and I've always thought that the best way to really get to know a band you like is to see them live in their own country. Needless to say, I'm crazy with the excitement and the possible adventure it would be :)

So, I need some tips, about hotels (or hostels), etc. etc. I would really appreciate any advice :)

Btw. I started listening to OL some 2 years ago, and it's always been one hell of a ride, with all albums. I simply love the sound, the structure of the music and, above all, the glorioius feeling behind it all, almost touchable through the music and lyrics, so it would be a dream come true to see them guys live :)

Dobar dan !

You can find whatever you want to sleep in Tel Aviv. From shared rooms in the Mugrabi to 5***** on the shore...

Google is your friend. If you don't find anything i can give you some addresses in Yafo and also in Tel Aviv.

Wow, I'm impressed :) bon jeur to you too :)

thanks for the tip, I'll search the net a bit (not that I couldn't think of it myself, I'm lazy as hell :) ).

how about the prices of food, beverages and other stuff? I think I'll stay for some time in Tel Aviv so i'd like some insider information. Also, should I reserve a ticket for the show or not. So many (mainly silly:lol: ) questions.

cheers !

first of all.....welcome aboard!

I think it always better to order a ticket as soon as possible....just in case....

how long are you planning to stay in Tel Aviv?
I will search more specific sites in the net for you (everything about Tel Aviv for tourists), and let you know.
meanwhile you can ask anything you want, and we will be more than happy to help you.

Wow, I'm impressed :) bon jeur to you too :)

thanks for the tip, I'll search the net a bit (not that I couldn't think of it myself, I'm lazy as hell :) ).

how about the prices of food, beverages and other stuff? I think I'll stay for some time in Tel Aviv so i'd like some insider information. Also, should I reserve a ticket for the show or not. So many (mainly silly:lol: ) questions.

cheers !

From what I remember, the prices in Tel Aviv for food and drinks are almost the same as in Zagreb. Meaning you can find some real cool places when you can eat and drink good stuff without ruining yourself :)

For hotels, you can find cheap ones. They offer the service regarding the price, but at least you can sleep :D

Check for the Mugrabi hotel in Tel Aviv, Ollo San told me they have shared rooms (like 8 or 10 people per room) for only a few dozen of shekels... Check also the Old Jaffa Hostel if you want to be in the real Old Jaffa atmosphere :) (meaning implicititly not sleeping all night because of the noise caused by everyone going to abulafia, specially in the summer :D )

Thanks guys :)

what is abulafia?
I'd like to get the feeling of a genuine, ethnic atmosphere, I'm not much into fancy hotels and dull, plain tourist routes and sights, so this Old Jaffa seems interesting :)

oh yeah, I'd also like to learn a few words and phrases in Hebrew (just seems rude to travel to such exotic places expecting everyone to know English), like greetings, asking for direction, ordering etc.

Abulafia is an arab bakery in Jaffa
:)
it is a really crowdy place.....all day long (and night!)

ethnic atmosphere you will find in Jaffa of course.....but I think it is better for you to find a place in the centre of Tel Aviv....mostly because it is easier to get from place to place.
I think the hostel "Hayarkon 48" is a good one.....quite cheap and 3 minutes from the beach.
and 10 minutes drive to Jaffa.

most Israelis know basic english (at least)....so it will be easier for you to manage......but if you want to learn specific words or sentences......just ask and we will write you down!

Thanks guys :)

what is abulafia?
I'd like to get the feeling of a genuine, ethnic atmosphere, I'm not much into fancy hotels and dull, plain tourist routes and sights, so this Old Jaffa seems interesting :)

oh yeah, I'd also like to learn a few words and phrases in Hebrew (just seems rude to travel to such exotic places expecting everyone to know English), like greetings, asking for direction, ordering etc.

Israel is not exotic LOL, It's just America-wannabe country with immigrants from east-europe and the middle east.

it's kind of sad but it's true...it's always exotic somewhere else, no matter where you actually are...kind of a "the neighbor's grass is greener" thing

Believe me, your definition of exotic becomes very wide when living in Croatia all of your life :) besides, I tend to label all new experiences and cultures as "exotic"...kinda weird, isn't it?:)

Seems like I'll be in Tel-Aviv in two weeks time :) just have to arrange accomodation.
Oh yeah, I think I'll need some help concerning the reservation of a ticket. I came across this site http://http://www.barby.co.il/, and It's all Greek to me, for obvious reasons :lol: so...a little help (links, anything) would be appreciated.

also some basic expressions, like good morning/afternoon, beer please :)) ), asking for direction, thank you...I'm somewhat into language in general, it's always fun to learn, even a bit, a new language.

cheers :)

hello - shalom
thanks - toda
please - bevakasha
beer - bira
good morning - boker tov
good evening - erev tov
good night - layla tov
how are you? - ma nishma?

Here I go again with my boring questions :heh:

What's the name of Uri's metal shop in Tel-Aviv?
Also, would you recommend me some good folk/ethno music or maybe some metal band even remotely similar to OL (though I doubt there is such a band)?

And could someone give me the mail adress of Barbi club? I'd really hate to see the tickets sold out and me without one :mad:

The Metal Shop is called... Metal Shop !

It's on Frishman road, on the corner with Dizengoff street :

map_eng.jpg

You can buy directly a ticket from here i think!!!

Barbi club is just the venue, i don't think they sell tickets here.