Showing love to The Maidens :)

I watched the video for Helloween- I Want Out. I see how it as a similar sound to Iron Maiden and thank you very much for the recommendation, but this song sounds silly to me. This is not badass. I want badass. I don't think these guys are badass. I think this has a gay sound to it. I don't care if they are gay, it is any man's right if he wants to be gay, and I will still be his friend, but since I am not gay, I don't think I can go to this concert or listen to this music.

Oh, by the way, Whiskey in the Jar is actually an old folk tune, not written by Thin Lizzy.

Next I listened to Pretty Maids- Future World. I like the guitar riff and the addition of keyboards is a nice touch. A little like Somewhere in Time album. But in the chorus I think this voice sounds not pleasant to me. Is it badass? Maybe it could be with a different singer but I feel no love for this man.

Stan or whoever, I didnt say they wrote it, Metallica covered their version. Wo haben Sie Familie kommen? Jenkins ist vor allem ein englischer Name. Ich finde es interessant, Sie wissen sehr wenig über Heavy Metal, aber Sie die Geschichte dieses Lied kennen? Ihr Englisch ist gebrochen, aber Ihre Eingabe ist sehr modern. Vielleicht irre ich mich, aber ich denke nicht so.

Ich änderte meinen Nachnamen hier aus Datenschutzgründen. Whiskey in the Jar ein altes irisches Volkslied. Ich viele Volksmusik gespielt auf meinem Banjo und Akustikgitarre.

Up the Irons Baby!

Here are some more Stan. Also: ist? We can name tons of bands, can you narrow your tastes down a bit for us? Some of the more popular bands back in the day: Queensryche ( up to Mind Crime), Testament, if youre into guitar I like George Lynch from Dokken, Megadeth, Fight ( War of Words ), Slayer, etc. If you are using a computer, try the online radio Pandora or something similar, that will bring up all kinds of related music automatically. Im not sure if KNAC.com is still running, but that would be good to check out too...because the radio scene here in LA sucks ass and is pretty much a waste of time, unless you like hearing Boston "More than a feeling" played a million times. Maybe you would, as its all brand new to you right?

This guy obviously wants a progressive rock metal type band. You guys are going a bit off the deep end. When it comes to Heavy Metal, and someone wants to get an education on it, I say go with the classics.

Iron Maiden- Sounds like he has been listening to the classic ones.
Judas Priest- Sin After Sin, Sad Wings of Destiny
Metallica- Master of Puppets, Justice For All
Dio- Holy Diver
Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
Extra Credit- Rainbow- Rising

These guys defined the genre. These albums would give someone a complete proper tour of classic Heavy Metals. Then break out into Dokken, Death Angel, and the many others that came later. Ride the Lightning, Garage Days, you can hear later. I didn't list Ozzy simply because I do not like him and think Ozzy Sabbath doesn't hold up to our current time and the only thing good about it is their influence on the bands after them. I still like War Pigs, so Stan, listen to Black Sabbath do War Pigs.

I listened to the 2 Helloween videos. "I am metal, I am metal, are you?" Haha come on! Funny ass shit! It's as if something just went really wrong with Quiet Riot or something. This is a really funny song. There must be some good use for this song somewhere.

Oh this Dio man. This is badass. I love this. Heaven and Hell I listened to and I think it is so incredible! Also I see some Judas Priest on youtube and I think he is also great!

Good morning *Bump* Please check out the Tour dates section for updates. Important benefit show this coming weekend Jan 10th, 2015 at the Gaslamp. Maidens will hit the stage@9pm.
MaidensMotivational_zps594e05cd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I watched the video for Helloween- I Want Out. I see how it as a similar sound to Iron Maiden and thank you very much for the recommendation, but this song sounds silly to me. This is not badass. I want badass. I don't think these guys are badass. I think this has a gay sound to it. I don't care if they are gay, it is any man's right if he wants to be gay, and I will still be his friend, but since I am not gay, I don't think I can go to this concert or listen to this music.

Wow! sure, you have a right to express your opinion but that's just plain fuckin' ignorance. I could suggest a whole forum full of bands but I wouldn't want you to wet your pants. don't let these ladies kick your ass too hard :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are going a bit off the deep end.

the deep end goes all the way down to 1968 with Blue Cheer and Vincebus Eruptum, on to 69 with King Crimson's ITCOTCK and Sabbath followed with their eponymous debut. there's tons of early heavy krautrock that goes mostly unnoticed in the heavy metal community.

of course, this is only my opinion and maybe I'm the ignorant one. what is metal? we have this same argument with prog all the time. what is prog?

edit...just because

Iron Maiden- Sounds like he has been listening to the classic ones.
Judas Priest- Sin After Sin, Sad Wings of Destiny
Metallica- Master of Puppets, Justice For All
Dio- Holy Diver
Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
Extra Credit- Rainbow- Rising

These guys defined the genre. These albums would give someone a complete proper tour of classic Heavy Metals. Then break out into Dokken, Death Angel, and the many others that came later. Ride the Lightning, Garage Days, you can hear later. I didn't list Ozzy simply because I do not like him and think Ozzy Sabbath doesn't hold up to our current time and the only thing good about it is their influence on the bands after them. I still like War Pigs, so Stan, listen to Black Sabbath do War Pigs.

that's not a bad list BTW for introducing someone to classic metal but you've got 3 Dio recs there. while he's definitely awesome, not sure I would include Rainbow. personally, I think Rainbow's 1st and 2nd album are in a class by themselves and deserved to be listened to without defining a genre for them. it might sound silly but that's just me. I would add any of Sabbaths first 4 along with Heaven and Hell.

I do agree about Ozzy though. he's always had the luxury of being surrounded by excellent musicians. I doubt he would have had that same luxury in a solo career if it hadn't been for Sabbath. Tony Iommi, Bill Ward and Geezer Butler were the ones who really made Sabbath tick. we may never have got to hear the unique tone of Tony's sound if he hadn't had the unfortunate accident with his fingers. I often wondered how they would have sounded if he hadn't adjusted to that disability. I will admit though that Ozzy's voice was pretty good through Sabotage at least. it didn't always serve him well on stage though. like, I said, he's lucky to have had such great band members throughout his career.

cheers....dr