Shpongle

Holy shit man, a band that uses throatsinging! For those unaware of throatsinging, it's the simultaneous creation of two notes from one larynx, using harmonics..... really weird shit I have never heard done in music before, but I think Tool had some throatsinging samples at the start of their concerts... during their intro.

this is amazing. this is the kind of music i'd be making if i wasn't such a lazy mofo.

the throat singing is interesting. do you happen to know what state the glottis is in when producing them, and are the sounds pulmonic or glottalic, egressive or ingressive?

if you like Shpongle, make sure to check out Afro Celt Sound System. they've been a favourite of mine for several years, but it seems no one else around here listens to them.

Brooks said:
I've uploaded a track, and I hope you'll listen to this with an open mind, and FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS, listen with headphones. Good ones if you've got em. This is quite possibly the best production I've ever heard in my life. This music will take you for a ride. Close your eyes and enjoy!
That song is so intensely BAD ASS that I had to go track down the rest of their music before the song even finished playing. Brooks: thanks for turning me on to something that blew me away. Now I gotta go see about ordering their CDs from the website.

NP: Shpongle

ok my favourite song is definitely 'around the world in a tea daze.' i still think afro celt sound system is quite a bit better though. well, they aren't exactly a electronic group. they use dozens of instruments, and are basically an eclectic world music group that is tinged with electronica and rock. their last album also has the best production i've heard on any disc. it's the coolest experience ever if you're high.

I believe Dorset Perception is my favorite. I've been listening to these guys for a while...I'm kinda surprised they're so well know.