Siamese - progressive death metal

Davling

Sep 7, 2005
'Ello. My name is David Lingdell and I'm member of the progressive death metal band Siamese. We recently recieved our newly recorded demo, fully mastered and polished. And I would love for you to give it a listen!

I know there's a forum for promotion of your own band.. but I just didn't get any response there, so I'm trying out here :)

The EP/Demo's name is Through The Blur and the track list is:

1. Betrayal
2. Into the blur
3. Heat

www.myspace.com/siameseswe

Thanks in advance,
Davlind and Siamese.

'Ello.

I'm going to move this to it's appropriate place later today.... it is just the way things run here.

I suggest you add a small blurb and a link to your myspace in your sig and promote your band at other places on UM and the net. Good luck!

Sorry....

Mr_S

Sounds pretty good. I also like quote below. :)

"Basically a bunch of riffs put together to songs.

No choruses or verses, it just goes on and on and on

without logical repeats and such things."

The first song sounds exactly like something from Morningrise...this isn't really a compliment btw. The other two are somewhat better in terms of not sounding like Opeth b-sides...

I don't really care that it gets moved. I got alot more answers here anyways.

And I know, it sounds "too much" like Opeth :p

We're only around 18 years and have only played for like a half year together, so we will probably develop our own style in some years.
That's my hopes for this band at least.

Well, since I know everyone have different opinions regarding Morningrise and Orchid, I don't think it's fair to say it's bad that it sounds like something off of Morningsrise. Also I don't really see how it sounds like Morningrise. :p

Edit: Good idea, I will defenitely put it in my sig.
Also, I'd like to know what you think of the growls?

Thanks,
Davling and Siamese.

pretty good growls. Thats really what it makes sound like opeth. you should probably try out for the bloodbath vocals.

That's cool. I really like his growl, although it undoubtly brings Mikael's growls into mind, which is really a compliment. To me at least :p

Regards,
Davling and Siamese.

Very impressive for such a young band!
The vocals do sound like Mike, there's also quite a bit of Jonas in the cleans.
Very interested to hear more developed stuff in the future.

Yea very Morningrise but I like Morningrise so it's all good, this is really good guys, growls are very Mikael and cleans remind me of Steven Wilson.

Good stuff guys eager to hear more

Thank you guys :D That's fantastic! I was SURE we were gonna get flamed for being to Opethy. But hey, apparently not so much.

Well I don't get it how you can think it sounds like Morningsrise.. but I don't care, as long as you think it's somewhat listenable :p

It sure is flattering for our singer to be compared to his idols in singing! :D

Regards,
Davling and Siamese.

i like it guys, can't wait to hear you develope your own sound :)
found a couple opeth ripoffs there though :p
intro betrayal sounds like baying of the hounds "everything you believed is a lie" part
and heat 03.35 sound just like beneath the mire...the part where he sings "beneath the deep mire..." :)

edit: no wait, i'm too lazy to check but the "beneath the deep mire" part was probably in baying of the hounds.

Thanks :p I know. But I didn't think about ripping them off when writing the material (or rather, WE didn't think about it). It was just the way out music came out. Also melodies and stuff like that are not the same.

And also, I use certain rhythms that Opeth use, because it fits :p Like the beginning of Betrayal, that rhythm har been used by not only Opeth and me but it's used in alot of other music as well :p

I myself wouldn't call them ripoffs, ecspecially not considering differences in both melody and rhythm (which is exactly what tells riffs apart, I guess).

Well, thanks for the interest!

Regards,
Davling and Siamese.

Wow that really is opeth right there.. Sounds really nice..
Also, lol that your guitar player is called Mikael :p:

Maybe you guys should add some more YOU in it.. Its a bit too much Mikael Akerfeldt :erk: :p

Overall pretty awesome guys!