SIGH & CARCASS to play Damnation Festival 2008!

DAMNATION FESTIVAL 2008 will boast record ticket sales - even if the event doesn't sell another brief!

With the exclusive UK return of CARCASS and SIGH - as well as the exciting captures of MY DYING BRIDE, PITCHSHIFTER and NAPALM DEATH - to blame, organisers have seen their finest lineup to date cause a stampede for tickets.

Festival director Gavin McInally said: "We're delighted to announce that 2000 tickets are now gone! Never before in our three-year history have we sold as many tickets - not even with huge on-the-door sales!
"The move to the amazing 3500 capacity Leeds University has allowed for the addition of our exciting Rock Sound stage and of course, the exclusive UK capture of Carcass in what may be their last ever show.
"We believe that Damnation Festival 2008 is the best and most diverse lineup we've ever hosted, and fan feedback and ticket sales certainly suggest UK metal fans agree.
"This event truly is, and forever will be, 'by the fans, for the fans'
"There's still a way to go before we sell out tickets but at this point I'd certainly suggest stepping over your own gran just to nab one!"

Set to take place on Saturday 22nd November at Leeds University, the Damnation Festival 2008 full lineup is: Carcass, My Dying Bride, Pitchshifter, Napalm Death, Cathedral, Sigh, Onslaught, Benediction, The Berzerker, Taint, Devil Sold His Soul, *Shels, Ramesses, Desecration, The Mirimar Disaster, Latitudes and the Terrorizer Magazine unsigned competition winner.

The remaining tickets cost £29 and are available from http://www.leedstickets.com/ , http://www.ticketline.co.uk/ and http://www.seetickets.co.uk/
Tickets are also on sale in Leeds at stores including Crash and Jumbo.

For more information visit: www.damnationfestival.co.uk or www.myspace.com/damnationfestival

I has my ticket :D

Again, I'll be drinking jager with Onslaught unless Onslaught are playing (obviously), carcass, Napalm Death or Cathedral are playing, or if someone pays me for secks. Which probably won't happen.

Damnation Festival 2008 has now sold out.
More than 3,500 fans will descend from quite literally across the globe for the UK's finest metal event of the year.

For the first time in it's four year history Damnation Festival has sold out in advance. The unprecedented rush for tickets has been due to massive coups such as the exclusive UK return of Carcass and Sigh, a rare My Dying Bride performance and loads more British talent in the form of Pitchshifter, Napalm Death and Cathedral.

Festival director Gavin McInally said: "Thank you. Seriously."

Doors will open at 4.30pm, the first bands will take the stage at 5pm and fans are reminded that once a venue is full, in the interests of health and safety, no further fans will be able to gain access - so make sure you get there early.

The Jagermeister Stage is 2,100 capacity, Terrorizer (1,000) and Rock Sound (500).

For further information, please visit: www.damnationfestival.co.uk

--------------

stage_times.jpg

2008_timeline.png

Holy fucking shit. That was AMAZING.

Sigh were my favourite of the night, they fucking slayed. :kickass:

I'm still sore, but less so than when I woke up.

Cracking day/night out - 3 of us drove up from Hampshire, got to Leeds about 4pm and hit the Drydock for a well needed pint. Then onwards to the venue, still undecided about whether to watch Onslaught or Desecration.....ended up with Onslaught as it wasn't easy to find the other stages. Stayed in the main stage for the rest of the night....Onslaught were great, Sigh were different :D My Dying Bride were great.

Then we come to Carcass...I'd planned to just hang back and watch from near the mixing desk. That plan went out the window the moment the drum intro for Corporal Jigsore Quandary started...handed my gear to a mate next to me and just forced my way up into the pit. Proper old school moshing going on....fecking chaos. Stayed in there until the end of Genital Grinder, then headed back to the original spot I was in. Knackered. They were fucking excellent.

We headed back after the gig, got home about 5am and I jumped in the sack. Woke up just after noon, in pain. But it was good pain. :D

I'm still in shock and awe (LOL) from Onslaught. Not only was their set flawless (minus a few PA problems) but they're the nicest lads I've ever met - even nicer than the boys from Evile haha! Sy even said he'd be up for doing vocals on the second Bloodbrawl album in summer - I'm just like :OMG: