sik pik

havnt tried those yet, but looks interesting, perhaps giving them a try..

thanks for pointing them out
exoslime

yeah, his sound is pretty warm...

the idea is interesting, would try it out if somebody gave one to me or lend it, but in the end
my playing sucks with every pick I used, evne with my fingers, that won't change alot ;)

That's how this guy's playing sounds to me

Last edited by a moderator:
i have ordered a sample pack yesterday shortly after i commented this thread and they told me they have already shipped it yesterday, very fast and good communication
As soon as i got them and played a bit with them, i´m gonna let you know..

same here. i am just not sure what's about the deal with the second free pack, i hope i'll get two different packs and not the same one twice...

yeah i use these picks at home, i love them. they're great for lead and stuff obviously, but they really allow you to dig in so chugs and rhythm sound great

I'm not convinced.
I've recently watched a close up video of my picking hand, an apparently I really change the angle, depending on what I'm playing.
Single notes, chords, fast lines, mutes....
And that makes sense (at least to me).
I have full control over the pick angle, and I'm using it to sculpture the sound, i fear this pick would take a lot of that away

Pretty much every player that has a good sound and I've had the chance to ask or see in action always recommends that you have a bit of an angle on the pick to give it a bit of attack. This takes that away so it sound like shit.

There's nothing new about this, dunlop has been making them for at least ten years that I know of http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/Speedpicks I've tried these and they do increase speed a little but sound so thin and crap it's not worth it. You'll never be good because you can play fast. You can only be good and play fast.

I just dug up my old pick tin and found the dunlop ones. To my surprise they are angled in completely the opposite direction to this so I had a closer look at the sik pik website. Man those things are crazy. The tip of the pick is completely at 90 degrees to the string.

Man I hate all the nonsensical banter that arises from the gear scene these days.

The sound difference between a regular pick and a Sik Pik. With the standard plectrum, the attack of the note results in an irregular
vibrational pattern and the note registering sharp. The string loses some of its initial erratic energy and moves to a normal elliptical pattern
and flattens to a stable note on the tuner. With the Sik Pik, the plucked string results in a regular vibrational pattern from the attack of the
note to the end of the decay of the note.

How does a string under load tension vibrate if not in an oscillatory manner following the normal, well documented, impulse curve? Here's a hint, it's called exponential decay. Science people, learn it.

Can't they just say it's more comfortable to use?