Silence From Angels Above - Question

Aug 1, 2005
Batavia, IL
www.myspace.com
Lately, been really grooving to Silence From Angel Above, a personal favorite. I think it might just have that sorta fall feel to it. Anyway, awhile back I remember Glenn mentioning a Japanese release with a bluesy/rock version. Has anyone here listened to this? Is it different from the version they did at the PP Showcase, which was fucking awesome and I thought the highlight of that set? Any info would be great. I've been dying to hear this, but don't really feel like buying the album twice.

Hey,
It's kind of the same version we've played live the recent years, with a bluesy/jazzy twist to it.
It's appearing on the japanese version of "Isolate"
You'll hopefully hear it soon.

Truls Haugen
drummer of circus maximus

Lately, been really grooving to Silence From Angel Above, a personal favorite. I think it might just have that sorta fall feel to it. Anyway, awhile back I remember Glenn mentioning a Japanese release with a bluesy/rock version. Has anyone here listened to this? Is it different from the version they did at the PP Showcase, which was fucking awesome and I thought the highlight of that set? Any info would be great. I've been dying to hear this, but don't really feel like buying the album twice.

I also thought this was the highlight of Circus Maximus' set that year, I've loved that song since the first time I heard it. I was hoping they'd do it the first time they played ProgPower and was ecstatic when they played it at the Showcase. The mix for their set that night was crystal clear perfection. CM really should put the whole set out on DVD. The only problem I had was these noisey S.O.B.'s that couldn't shut up or at least lower their voices during the ballad.

Hey,
It's kind of the same version we've played live the recent years, with a bluesy/jazzy twist to it.
It's appearing on the japanese version of "Isolate"
You'll hopefully hear it soon.

Truls Haugen
drummer of circus maximus

This is kind of a side note, but I just have to say this:

I find it so endearing that bands who have played and will play ProgPowerUSA actually take the time to read and respond to their fans via this board and/or join the live chat sessions.

That's one of the things I LOVE about ProgPower not only are the fans involved, so are the band members.

Thank you for taking the time to update/clarify! It only makes us love you more.

-MetalRose

Woah!!! That's spooky. I haven't had a chance to check this forum all day, but for some reason a few hours ago that song popped into my head and I've been going around the house singing it! I come up here and you guys re talking about it! Uncanny!

I want to hear the alternate [studio] version from Isolate too. And yes, it did kick ass at PP last year!