Silent Night Sweeping Question

Dec 8, 2005
I am practicing the first sweep section of this song, and I can't really figure out how it works. After you do the first complete sweep, do you slide your finger down to continue with the next sweep?

I didn't catch your meaning,but i think the sweep part is easier than the second part of crazy fast speed solo.

I just nailed the sweeping part, but at the 24th fret part I have to bend like a motherfucker, cos I have only 21. Broke strings like that....been there

Theres alot of benefits to playing a full scale 24 fret, 25.5 inch neck. Many. Besides not ahving to bend form the 21st fret :p ;)

But I'm too lazy to post anything of value, and jsut wanted to say that. And pretend like I'm useful.

If you want to. The phrasing really wont affect the sound of it that much in that particular type solo. If you feel a slide sounds better, then go for it, or you can just change your finger positioning.

I just have a bad tendency on the D major style sweep to start with my index finger, then I go to my middle finger, then back to my index. Is this normal?

BucketBanger9000 said:
I just have a bad tendency on the D major style sweep to start with my index finger, then I go to my middle finger, then back to my index. Is this normal?

I have the same "problem" =/
It feels wrong

I really don't know anything at all... but it feels like there's no "right". Do as you please yourself, as you play the clearest and the way you feel most comfortable... maybe if you work enough on the (so called) wrong position, you'll make it be "right".

But as I said... I really don't know anything. I just play the solo D major style...

Scourge of Malice said:
Don't try to play it so perfect. Improvise, it sounds a lot better than sounding exactly like someone else.

I would say "play it perfect and improvise". That's sounds a lot better. ;)